Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.01 Release

Mark V XT Bright... I was just adoring the Stealth Red for a short time.

... and I'm a Mesa guy again :)
You know, in real life, peavey’s are « ok » amps but cheap compared to a boogie stack. Specially all these 5150, 6505… no clean, bad quality wiring that cause buzzing, not that much power (volume) … they are « legendary » because of some artist (well,one Artist) and scene, but as many « legendary » things… they bought these heads for touring because they were cheap and cannot afford something better. In a band with 2 lead guitars, if one guy got a mark stack and the other a 6505 hihi, one will have a good tone and the other will break his guitar in the end of the show 🤣.

You know, in real life, peavey’s are « ok » amps but cheap compared to a boogie stack. Specially all these 5150, 6505… no clean, bad quality wiring that cause buzzing, not that much power (volume) … they are « legendary » because of some artist (well,one Artist) and scene, but as many « legendary » things… they bought these heads for touring because they were cheap and cannot afford something better. In a band with 2 lead guitars, if one guy got a mark stack and the other a 6505 hihi, one will have a good tone and the other will break his guitar in the end of the show 🤣.
One artist!? Ha!

Awesome.

Yep, we pretty much could already get the Mark V sounds out of the IV but a lot of people don't know that the FAT switch is permanently enabled on the JP2C and V tonestacks ("USA Fat" tonestack model), so don't enable the Fat switch again. :)
Also, "Volume 1" which is called "Gain" in the Ideal page on the AxeFx is fixed internally in the real JP2C and V amps.
Also, JP2C has both Deep and Bright switches permanently engaged in the real amp (info from the owners manual), hence no deep/bright models.

Pretty cool that we have all the popular Marks modeled.

Personally, I like the Fat switch disabled, so the default JP2C and V models are not for me unless I manually change the tonestack models to IIC+ or IV, then I'm better off just starting with the IIC+ or IV amp models. 😆
I disagree that they sound the same I greatly prefer the Mark V modeling to the Mark IV.

Well, it seems like it's best to wait on firmware 24 for a few days. Nonetheless, I know FAS will get it fixed as soon as they can around the holidays.

So I guess I'll be the jerk here.
Whats with the rapid fire firmware updates that haven't been in beta long enough? If I choose to download a beta, I expect bugs and will do my part in reporting them.
If I download a non beta firmware update I expect it to be gig ready. I don't think this is unreasonable.
I'm a working musician, I chose Fractal because it's professional grade.
I do not wish to beta test a product that has an official release firmware. My expectation is that it is bug free and functions as intended.

Whats with the rapid fire firmware updates that haven't been in beta long enough? If I choose to download a beta, I expect bugs and will do my part in reporting them.
If I download a non beta firmware update I expect it to be gig ready. I don't think this is unreasonable.
I do not wish to beta test a product that has an official release firmware. My expectation is that it is bug free and functions as intended.
Easy buddy, a fix is coming, and very soon. This is unusual, but at the end of the day fractal employees are humans and they make mistakes. I'm sure they're beating themselves up about it, no need to salt the wound. Finally, rolling back is easy, 23.05 is stable.

Maybe don't download them till they hit the website then?

Amazing . . . still building the plane and improving it while flying at the same time.

Happy Holidays to all who come here and play.

I used to run an engineering department and you are, ideally, correct. However, I assume fractal does not have a bunch of qa engineers which leaves them with only a few options.

1 - put out a beta and have the early adopters find bugs, then integrate those changes. When you think you’ve gotten most of them put out a final release which a wider audience will then download and find more that are then fixed in incremental releases (ie 1.xx)
2 - keep the update in beta for an extended period of time and do a lot of in-house testing with whoever you can find. This takes away time from new features and updates will be a ton slower but a final release will likely be more stable.
3 - hire a bunch of people to qa it. Pay for new versions like other software.

The old adage holds that you can pick 2 of cheap, fast, or stable. With how easy it is to roll back, I, and I’m guessing most on here much prefer fast and free. If you’re concerned about stability just stay 1 whole version back, that’s what most people do in the corporate world with software.

Also as an aside, I’ve only had my axe for a month but I’m floored with not only the sound but also how Cliff manages to keep development rolling so quickly on such a massive feature set with relatively few bugs. Kudos to the whole team!

My bad. I rushed the firmware out. Sorry I didn't meet your expectations.

Back
Top Bottom