Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.00 Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was that not where the movie what about Bob “ took place , Leo’s lake house
What About Bob Time GIF

I think the Recto 1 is based on a 2-channel Rev G.
Based on my posts in this thread and information from Cliff, Recto 1 has 1M bass pots which gives it more low end. My Rev G MV pot measured 190k for the red channel. My buddy with a Rev E measured 228k on his red channel MV pot.

By all accounts the Rev C, D and F are aren’t that bassy compared to other versions. Maybe some G’s had 1M pots there? Mine was an export model with some Rev F features, maybe someone knows more about Rev G’s and whether that value changed. Cliff mentioned most had 1M pots but some have 150k….. kind of curious which (pre 3 channel) ones have 1M

Improved speaker compression and amp interaction modeling.

Fantastic!!! Music to my ears, literally; this is the kind of thing that winds me right up when I read it in the Release Notes.

Improvements to the amp interaction modeling always yields results you can feel; it is an absolutely inspiring playing experience when you can feel the amp pushing back as you dig in and it works dynamically with you.

Getting that interaction is paramount - the entire tube amp output ecosystem is where a large part of the magic is...awesome.

This, and along with the new triode modeling, are getting me pretty pumped and I can't wait for the latest features, etc. trickle down to the FM9.

Great job Cliff...

Last edited:
Improved speaker compression goes chicka-chickcow! :smile:

Sounds great tested quickly with my Princeton Dyna-cab preset! Feels right and doesn't seem to hype the highs as much which I like.

I wish there was a way know what the dyna-cabs spkr. comp. constants are. For now the ears will do.

👍👍

My main preset uses the TX Star Clean. It's a lot louder now and gainier, too.

I was able to adjust it to get a nice sound and response but wanted to understand more about the channel MV vs global MV.

Does anyone with hands-on experience have any tips or advice on how to best use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom