Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.00 Public Beta #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody else having to bump amp levels by +/- 1db? Everything sounds good but to my ears there are ever so slight differences in amp levels. I also messed with presence and depth to get around this since they (kinda) govern the relationship between amp and cab, which this FW seems to have improved.

EDIT: nevermind. The IR Player block (which has IRs of room correction EQ sweeps) in my preset was shunted which skewed my perception.
I noticed something like this after installing the prior firmware, compared to one made presets on from late November-ish. Slight (-1db on meter) output reduction for bunch of clean presets I am creating from where leveled them a few weeks ago. Just have to readjust, no biggie. Not sure if it’s the updated speaker comp algorithm or something else.

@FractalAudio
Just curious. What changed your mind regarding the Mark V models? Earlier you've said the Mark V is basically a "greatest hits" of the IIC+ and IV. Are the IV and IIC+ modes on the Mark V enough in their own kind for them to be modelled specifically? I've never owned any of these amps so I'm in the blue here.
Legend said that John Petrucci came to drink coffee, and at one point he said: "Ah yes I have one of my Mark 5 in the car, since I don't use it anymore, I thought it would please you ! you like it don't you?

"ah uh... yes yes great amp! I always dreamed of integrating it into the axe”

😅

Just curious. What changed your mind regarding the Mark V models? Earlier you've said the Mark V is basically a "greatest hits" of the IIC+ and IV. Are the IV and IIC+ modes on the Mark V enough in their own kind for them to be modelled specifically? I've never owned any of these amps so I'm in the blue here.
The equivalent modes on it sound quite different, though. I don't have experience with the real amps apart from playing through a Mark V once in a store, but in the Axe, the MK IV and the MK IIC+ sound different than the IV and IIC+ modes on the MKV models.

I used to run 2 Mark Vs in stereo with an FX8. That rig was unbelievable and I've always thought about getting another rig like it.

Until now... thanks FAS you rock !
Stereo for effects only, or did you have the amps set differently?

Got a preset to share?

My AF3 is no longer clocking to my TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48 audio interface since this new beta vs. v23.05

The AF3 seems happy enough, as it's not showing "(no clock)" but it's slipping on the TC master.
Already reported earlier in the thread; issue found and resolved by Cliff. Guessing you’ll see the fix in the next beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom