Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.03 Beta #1

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
If anyone wants to play around with this:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/23p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_23p03_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved CPU usage.

Added "Nobelium OVD-1” Drive model based on a Nobels ODR-1. The BC (Bass Cut) switch is modeled via the Bass Response control. Set the Bass Response to 1.0 to duplicate the response of the pedal with the Bass Cut switch engaged. Set Bass Response to 5.0 to duplicate response with BC switch disengaged.

Changed default values of Speaker Drive and Speaker Thump to better align with measurements of typical speakers.

Added NFB Compensation switch in Amp block. This defaults to On. Turning it off disables the negative feedback volume compensation at the output of the Amp block.

Fixed LFO2 not working in Chorus block.

Fixed wrong Distortion pot taper in DS1 Distortion models.

Fixed wrong Gain pot taper in Angle Severe models.

Various other fixes and improvements.

Added "Nobelium OVD-1” Drive model based on a Nobels ODR-1. The BC (Bass Cut) switch is modeled via the Bass Response control. Set the Bass Response to 1.0 to duplicate the response of the pedal with the Bass Cut switch engaged. Set Bass Response to 5.0 to duplicate response with BC switch disengaged.
These types of details are incredibly valuable, how does one keep track of them given the sheer amount of block types in the Fractal verse? I suppose searching the forum is the best way to understand these details?

Another one brilliant firmware, amazing new changes and additions.😏 Always unexpected splendid experience. 🤗

Only on reset.
Are the new values for speaker drive and thump the same across all of the amp models? In my case it seems it would be faster for me to just change those two values than to do a block reset and have to re-adjust the parameters on the Tone page. (Or would that not be the correct approach?)

Are the new values for speaker drive and thump the same across all of the amp models? In my case it seems it would be faster for me to just change those two values than to do a block reset and have to re-adjust the parameters on the Tone page. (Or would that not be the correct approach?)
Yes. But use your ears. There's no right or wrong value.

Back
Top Bottom