Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Public Beta #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
the noises when changing presets? I also have them with the factory presets.
I have the firmware always up to date

I know it’s probably a PITA but what happens if you take this preset and rebuild it completely from scratch in the current firmware

It was mentioned the 3 situations that can cause issues
Using older presets was one
Also see if you can remove a block or 2 so it back to 78 % in this current firmware retest it

30 ms is a64th note at roughly 120 bpm. So maybe it is not the subdivision thing that is hard for me but the 30 ms timing?

Can you personally make it work musically? Try playing a simple legato 4/4 pulse and change scenes without changing chords.

Anyway, Cliff will know if this is worth spending time on, and our discussion is just eating more of that time. I described a problem/challenge, you argue it is not a problem. It is the internet as we know it

30 ms is a64th note at roughly 120 bpm. So maybe it is not the subdivision thing that is hard for me but the 30 ms timing?

Can you personally make it work musically? Try playing a simple legato 4/4 pulse and change scenes without changing chords.

Anyway, Cliff will know if this is worth spending time on, and our discussion is just eating more of that time. I described a problem/challenge, you argue it is not a problem. It is the internet as we know it

I never said it wasn't a problem. It's a reality that's existed with just about every multi-fx processor I've ever used. Changing sounds takes a certain amount of time and you have to switch before the beat to account for that time. This isn't something new to the Axe FX or this firmware.

I never said it wasn't a problem. It's a reality that's existed with just about every multi-fx processor I've ever used. Changing sounds takes a certain amount of time and you have to switch before the beat to account for that time. This isn't something new to the Axe FX or this firmware.
^^^ This.

This firmware may improve on switching time, but it's unlikely to reduce it to zero. That's pretty much a given, isn't it?

As the saying goes, you cannae change the laws of physics.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I really don't hear any gap, and no significant extramusical sound in beta 4. I'm thinking about what would actually be used in the context of a song, and I really just don't see any issue. I'm frankly blown away at how smooth transitions between tones are.

To me part of this is also just being musical about when you change tones; I think it's important for them to work well in the context of the song or piece, and the current beta handles that for me with flying colors.

Maybe you're using spring or plate reverb in this preset? I guess the new models might use more cpu
I use the London Plate.

I know it’s probably a PITA but what happens if you take this preset and rebuild it completely from scratch in the current firmware

Also see if you can remove a block or 2 so it back to 78 % in this current firmware retest it
I will try the next days with a new preset. Can I use the Block Libary? Or should I build from zero..

It sucks, but is absolutely necessary if there is some corruption in a preset/block/etc. I had to do this recently. I have been fighting with corrupt presets for several months off and on. I finally wiped them and started a fresh preset from the front panel and have been doing great ever since. Good luck, I hope it works out for you like it did me.

On FW 23.00 beta 4, going from empty preset 837 to attached preset 836 via the FC12, this is what I heard:

I can't share the IR because it was captured from a third party source.

Attachments

• Plexi 6CA7 Arredondo 5150.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom