Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Public Beta #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he may have been meaning in reference to the major CPU increase you were talking about, too.

For the sound issue I would suggest also posting an audio recording demonstrating it.
my fault, sorry.

so I have my preset for a year, it was always so between 70-75%

Attachments

• Test Diezel.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 4
my fault, sorry.

so I have my preset for a year, it was always so between 70-75%
What would be great but would take some work is this:

Reload the previous firmware you were running.

Load the preset.

Find the most CPU intensive scene and capture the value.

Reload this firmware and do the same thing.

Since Cliff said gap-less incurs an increase of about 1.5%, if you experience something very different then maybe there's an issue with your preset(s) or maybe a rare bug.

I don't know if you're up to try that but it would go a long way towards helping identify any issue.

Did you actually read what I replied to and what I said?

I'm talking specifically about the comment that gapless Presets and Scenes already were in the previous betas.

I didn't say anything about scenes.
Same issue with presets and channels. All fixed in beta 4

What would be great but would take some work is this:

Reload the previous firmware you were running.

Load the preset.

Find the most CPU intensive scene and capture the value.

Reload this firmware and do the same thing.

Since Cliff said gap-less incurs an increase of about 1.5%, if you experience something very different then maybe there's an issue with your preset(s) or maybe a rare bug.

I don't know if you're up to try that but it would go a long way towards helping identify any issue.
I just tested it

Firmware 22.01 --> 77/78%
Firmware 23 Beta #4 --> 84/85%

Request/suggestion (if possible)

There is a delay in the scene change from when I click the FC12, which can be a bit tricky for timing. I get that this is probably unavoidable. But I wonder, if this suggestion could be a workaround for a more instant change. I tried before asking, and it didn't work, maybe it can be made to work? If the scene change is set to be triggered with the hold function set to "switch up", will this somehow give the AXE FX the time needed to be prepared for where to go and thus diminish the change delay?

I just tested it

Firmware 22.01 --> 77/78%
Firmware 23 Beta #4 --> 84/85%
That's very interesting.

If you remove a block or change something to lower the CPU below 80% do you still hear the odd sound?

In any case, there seems to be some issue for your preset.

What firmware version were you using previously?

Request/suggestion (if possible)

There is a delay in the scene change from when I click the FC12, which can be a bit tricky for timing. I get that this is probably unavoidable. But I wonder, if this suggestion could be a workaround for a more instant change. I tried before asking, and it didn't work, maybe it can be made to work? If the scene change is set to be triggered with the hold function set to "switch up", will this somehow give the AXE FX the time needed to be prepared for where to go and thus diminish the change delay?

If there is a hold function on the switch, the tap function will always fire on release, not press. Do you get the same delay when switching scenes on the front panel?

That's very interesting.

If you remove a block or change something to lower the CPU below 80% do you still hear the odd sound?

In any case, there seems to be some issue for your preset.

What firmware version were you using previously?
the noises when changing presets? I also have them with the factory presets.
I have the firmware always up to date

If there is a hold function on the switch, the tap function will always fire on release, not press. Do you get the same delay when switching scenes on the front panel?
It will fire on release if set up to do that :) It can also be set up to fire after a set amount of time.

I get the delayed switching when using the standard TAP way to switch. Like if I play a continous rhythm without changing the chord and I click the FS12 ON the beat, the first note will start out with the previous sound for a short but very noticeable while before switching to the new sound. And I can't blame it. It has no idea which scene I'm going to choose.

My suggestion is an attempt to prepare the AXE for which scene to go to, because as soon as I hold the button down, it knows what will happen next. It's no problem for me to hold the button down for a second or two before releasing it, if that is what it takes.

That might just be an artifact of the pick attack during the crossfade of the switch. I'm not certain, but I believe it's using a delay signal to sort of fill in the gap. If you happen to be picking during the time it's sampled, you might hear that attack being doubled during the switch crossfades. I'll wager if you play a sustained note or chord during the change you won't hear the double echo effect.

I did the test on what I believe to be an unedited Brit 800 preset (number 0011 on my AXE - could be 0010 on yours, if it is set up to start at 0000). I get the same delay if I switch the scene on the front panel with me left hand while playing with my right hand. It is a noticeable hick-up. If I switch just switch scene without playing, the delay is much less noticeable, because it does not happen within a rhythmical context.

It will fire on release if set up to do that :) It can also be set up to fire after a set amount of time.

I get the delayed switching when using the standard TAP way to switch. Like if I play a continous rhythm without changing the chord and I click the FS12 ON the beat, the first note will start out with the previous sound for a short but very noticeable while before switching to the new sound. And I can't blame it. It has no idea which scene I'm going to choose.

My suggestion is an attempt to prepare the AXE for which scene to go to, because as soon as I hold the button down, it knows what will happen next. It's no problem for me to hold the button down for a second or two before releasing it, if that is what it takes.

Hit the switch right before the beat instead of directly on it.

Hit the switch right before the beat instead of directly on it.
I'm trying to learn to do that. It is easier said than done because the delay may not be a subdivision of the tempo being played. Anyway, I expect it to be unavoidable and suggested a (maybe) possible work around which will need some coding. I'm sure Cliff will be able to tell wether it can actually be implemented (if he chooses it is worthwhile to spend coding time on this).

I have another type of noise changing scenes, I'm changing the scenes every second ! 𝑨𝑿𝑬 𝑭𝑿 𝑰𝑰𝑰 π‘΄π’ŒπŸ 𝑻𝒖𝒓𝒃𝒐

I'm trying to learn to do that. It is easier said than done because the delay may not be a subdivision of the tempo being played. Anyway, I expect it to be unavoidable and suggested a (maybe) possible work around which will need some coding. I'm sure Cliff will be able to tell wether it can actually be implemented (if he chooses it is worthwhile to spend coding time on this).

How long of a delay are you getting? Scenes should typically not take more that around 30 ms or so to change even when changing amp block channels. 30 ms is faster than the blink of an eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom