Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Public Beta #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought and sold some amps in the past just because they had gaps when switching channels. Fractal has made all my dreams come true. I am once again convinced the best use of your money is to just buy a Fractal. With that said I do have the new Tone Master Pro and the touch screen and encoder switches are amazing. Now if Fractal ever had a touch screen.......

Don't know about the Turbo, but on a mkI yes, oversampling rate is reduced when two amp blocks are loaded in the preset (I tested this a while ago). But probably the "low resolution" mode on the axe III is the same or higher than the "high resolution" on the axe II, since the processing power is more than doubled on the axe III
I have the turbo. Is there a way to tell off the unit?

Hell. Yes.

I don't know if this has as much flash as a new amp model but this is easily my favorite aspect of the update.

Smoothing is the secret sauce that removes the notchy qualities of IRs. It makes every single one of them sound better to me.
Where do you usually run your smoothness on avereage?

Boom, there it is: gapless/seamless switching, even for presets! Fantastic news for all you FXIII owners and a huge thank you to Fractal Audio to figure out how to make that happen! Happy for you all, enjoy!

images
Was it influenced by the work / suggestions that @BobXX put together?

Either way, what a great improvement!
Makes it smoother.
SMOOVE!

So is there a way to turn off this new "gapless/seamless switching" feature?
How are us older folks that enjoy the spot-on gaps between channel selections supposed to recreate the older classic amps?
Maybe implement an "Include Classic Gaps" feature or separate "Gap Block" for the older classic rig recreation?

Welcome back!
Thanks
Pauly

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/23p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_23p00_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved Amp block triode algorithm.

Updated all JS410 Lead models based on a current production JVM410HJS.

Added JS410 Lead Green amp model.

Added Pitch High Cut parameter to Reverb block. This can be used to darken/brighten the pitch-shifted component of the reverb.

Added Smoothing parameter to Cabinet block in Dyna-Cab mode.

Preset, Scene and Channel changes are now gapless.

NOTE: Seamless switching is currently not implemented on the USB and SPDIF/AES outputs due to a "programming oversight" :p

Scott that is hilarious!!!
So is there a way to turn off this new "gapless/seamless switching" feature?
How are us older folks that enjoy the spot-on gaps between channel selections supposed to recreate the older classic amps?
Maybe implement an "Include Classic Gaps" feature or separate "Gap Block" for the older classic rig recreation?
While we're at it, couldn't we all benefit from a "Standby Block" for all the tube amp models?

FWIW, I was planning to update the JS410 Crunch models as well but my wife got Covid so I've retreated to our "cabin by the lake". When I get back home I'll finish the updates. I wanted to get the firmware into your grubby hands so you could test things out.
Wish your wife a speedy recovery. Almost lost my wife to Covid two years ago. Horrible days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom