Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Release

I'm sure I missed it, but is there any confirmation what happens to presets with Dyna-Cabs that were made during the Betas? I know it was mentioned previously that there is a risk of losing those with the final firmware.

Hi Cliff

You state this:

Added “Treble Shift” control to Tone page of USA IIC+ models. This is an alias of the “Fat” control found on the Preamp page and performs the same function.

Did you mean to say Presence shift - thats what I'm seeing :)
Treble Shift in the IIC+ is essentially a mid boost. It adds a 750pF cap in parallel with the stock 250pF in the tone stack by shorting a 10M resistor to “shift” the treble response lower.

Excuse my ignorance, but do I need to do 'Settings --> Refresh after new firmware ' in Axe Edit, or is that not necessary?
I totally forgot to do that (and I knew better) and kept wondering: "where are my Dyna-cabs?".. pfff.. I know.. rookie mistake! :rolleyes:

I'm sure I missed it, but is there any confirmation what happens to presets with Dyna-Cabs that were made during the Betas? I know it was mentioned previously that there is a risk of losing those with the final firmware.
Nothing is lost, the only thing that may need to be done is reselect the Dyna-Cab type used in a preset as the order of the list shifted as new cabs were added.

Just did a test drive with the Purple channel(s) of the Revv and gotta say, it's like an SLO brought into 2023 (or whnever Revv released the Generator MkIII)! Really cool spongy woolly SLO-y gooey goodness. Almost like a more aggressive SLO if that were possible. Revv really did design an amp that doesn't inherently like/need a TS-type boost in front, and yet it has a HUGE bottom end. Can't wrap my head around how that is possible. Still have to give the Red channel a go but I'm sure that's awesome too! One thing that did seem odd was how quiet the Purple channel was compared to other high gain go-to amps of mine.

Revv is a great amp. Sort of a Marshall/SLO vibe but more open. Really well designed and built.
I am stoked for the new Revv models! I've played through them a few times and have been beyond blown away.

On top of that, based on your description, I should be able to consolidate my distorted scenes that use dual amp blocks (Friedman/Mesa) down to just one amp block!

This plus the Dyna-Cabs is gonna be very fun :)

Back
Top Bottom