Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use the dynamic (0db) and the ribbon (-6db) close to the cab, and the condenser (-20db) at the max distance for some room feel. It is great!
Oh wow this is a good combination on the Recto Slant 4x12 with the IIC+ (any of them) dialed in right.
Pull the dynamic away from the cab a bit if too boomy, really nice.
Maybe it's my old man ears, but the high end is very crisp but not harsh

Wouldn't this have already happened with products like MIKKO or even Line's 6 cab implementation? How is it different here?

Because making music gear isn't about making gear for people to use and enjoy to some....its wicked warlocks plotting and building devices to one up the other so people can sit around on the internet talking about it and high fiving each other instead of playing.

The strangest paradox is someone can own and use many different "competitive" devices and they don't feel superior vs someone that owns one piece of gear and does!!!!

Or a large number plus a clever way to do (ideally lossless or low error) compression/"interpolation" (e.g. dimensional reduction or modeling) of response vs radial and linear distance.
This is exactly what I think is happening. Small, maybe tiny, increments, so any "interpolation" that is necessary would have very little room for error.

Or a large number plus a clever way to do (ideally lossless or low error) compression/"interpolation" (e.g. dimensional reduction or modeling) of response vs radial and linear distance.
True, but if you examine the .syx file, you can get a pretty good idea of how many IR's there are. It's far fewer than the "13 billion" in the quoted message I was replying to...that's what I meant by "relatively small" :).

I don't post much since I spend most of my time working using my gear with bands I mix but, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
It is so much faster and easier to dial in tones in the studio. I love this update. can't wait for its final version!!

The on board real time mic movement is awesome but there's something else special going on with any given DynaCab IR to my ear. I could move the mic around all day long in my outboard IR software but not arrive at some of the clear crisp tones I'm hearing with this. Maybe its from having the right IC automatically assigned now - dunno.
Somewhere Cliff talked about the selection of the microphones, and especially the condenser, and how it made a difference. It might have been in the thread when he revealed a preview IR. That IR sounded wonderful and I replaced several other IRs in Cab blocks in several presets.

Wouldn't this have already happened with products like MIKKO or even Line's 6 cab implementation? How is it different here?
Having had multiple Line 6 Helix and played with their cabs and purchased thousands of big-name IRs, I was stunned hearing the sound of the Dyna-Cabs. The interface isn't the important part, it's pretty much what would need to be in place to accomplish the microphone position selection… wiggle the cursor and move the dot in front of the speaker.

It's what happened in the capture process, the granularity of the initial IR capture movements, and the post-processing to maintain the sound quality that is different. These are stunningly clear and crisp, even compared to the best 3rd-party IRs on the FX3.

I’m so fascinated by this. Has anyone posted any samples of something played through traditional IRs and the DynaCab equivalent? Asked with the full understand that’ll exact positioning, signal chain, room, cab, speaker, weather conditions, mood of the capturer, and current zodiac will all change the outcome. I’m just eager to hear some of this magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom