Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though the Dyna cabs seem to add more frequencies, there is more clarity. Really love this update. Definitely closer to tube perfection.

Is there a way to disable the input clip warning? I'm getting it all the time but my input meter is barely tickling the red.

With Auto Dyna-Cab Impedance set to On, should I be expecting the Speaker Imp Curve to change after I've changed the Cab?

The new Dyna-Cabs sound excellent. The new Axe Edit interface for this is excellent as well. Fantasic work!

Ive noticed an approx 3dB difference between a standard Legacy channel vs a DYNACAB channel - is that a byproduct of the technology or will it be closer in volume in the final release?

I’m posting this as a grass roots uprising to (respectfully) “Demand” that you rename this to firmware release 21.12. I mean, c’mon, man! How could you skip that?!?!? Come to your senses, for the love of Pete! Fractal users unite! Viva la revolution!
Um we never got 21.12 :(

Yeah, I'm sad too. :disrelieved:

Smoke a big doob, listen to Cygnus X-1 Book II: Hemispheres, and imagine how 22 = 21.12.

[Besides getting a rad Dionysian high pondering WTF "numbers" are anyway, there are Apollonian rational/mathematical ways to do this.]

@FractalAudio
Thanks a million for this. I was able to dial in a much more precise tone, MUCH faster.

I do have a question: I was surprised by the Clip Indicator coming on so hard, I have a Parker Fly with DiMarzio medium output humbuckers, MUCH less output than a Majesty for instance. I have to reduce the input sensitivity to about 5.5% to avoid any clipping going on.
I can't imagine what would happen with some of the modern high output pickups!

Anyway, beyond the input sensitivity (or turning down) is there any other way I might not be aware of to regulate the level into the AD?
Same situation, 1994 Parker Fly - same settings I have to go to (5% or less) We probably have pretty heavy picking hand sometimes.
If I play exclusively with legato, I never clip, not even at 100% input sensitivity.

Loving the dynacabs even just one mic, I can find a sweet spot that works better with my guitar. Compared to regular IRs it seems like those are always a bit of a compromise. To be clear, those are great too.

Following up on this, here's a rough idea of what I am imagining:

If Red is Cab 1, Yellow is Cab 2, Purple is Cab 3, and Orange is cab 4, then this is what the graphic can look like if only Cab 1 is active.

View attachment 118338

If all cab slots are active, it can look a bit like this:

View attachment 118339

Again, just a suggestion. Might be that the display is too small to convey this kind of detail, but might be an interesting way to indicate bypass state of a cab slot!
It would be great if those coloured dots were Pacman chompers lol :)

So it's just there...no downloading a "free" trial with half the features closed off, and then having to buy a license to get the full version only to have download problems at some "software" management thingy? All just because we spent a small price for a piece of hardware some time ago...you are just going to add features like this because you can? Huh, there's a novel concept!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom