Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 6 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Green means new to this beta (or newly verified).
Red in the unverified section of Beta 6 is a holdover from the unverified section of the previous beta.
Not sure whether the Princeton AA964 in Beta 6 is same as Princeton in Beta 5, so it is in blue.

View attachment 80070

not to knock down your list, but what if you listed all amp models in the left column, then have one column for each FW beta? Might be easier to keep track that way

🤬
Well . After these feedbacks I’ll pass ... I was so happy to try the 2c++ and fas modern 😢. I don’t have problems with beta 5. Still don’t know if we can use the same axe edit . I had problems with ir capture in latest axe edit today, I ve noticed it .

I'm also seeing Treble Drive, Normal Drive & Input Trim on the USA LD2 Green (and other USA models) but only on the D Channel that is now on scene 1.

5 Band here. Did you guys refresh after new firmware in axe edit?

Hang on... I swapped presets and it's 8 band now. Can't chose 5 band mark. It goes to 8 now matter what.

@FractalAudio Since you're rechecking these amps in person during this beta I'm curious about the CA3+. That's a preamp I've always been interested in, because of the unique tones Dave Mustaine got with it. I read in the yek's model thread several users were unable to replicate the way their physical preamps felt in the world with the model, but I've also read that the BBE Sonic Maximizer was used by Mustaine during that time, so if that's true, using the BBE plugin would be the closest way to get in that ballpark. Did you find yourself making any tweaks recently to CA3+ based on what you found with the real thing, i.e., did you find that the new algorithms brought it much closer to that preamp? I've never gotten to play one in person. Thanks for what you're doing, and I hope you hire some roadies to haul out these amps for you.

@FractalAudio Since you're rechecking these amps in person during this beta I'm curious about the CA3+. That's a preamp I've always been interested in, because of the unique tones Dave Mustaine got with it. I read in the yek's model thread several users were unable to replicate the way their physical preamps felt in the world with the model, but I've also read that the BBE Sonic Maximizer was used by Mustaine during that time, so if that's true, using the BBE plugin would be the closest way to get in that ballpark. Did you find yourself making any tweaks recently to CA3+ based on what you found with the real thing, i.e., did you find that the new algorithms brought it much closer to that preamp? I've never gotten to play one in person. Thanks for what you're doing, and I hope you hire some roadies to haul out these amps for you.

check out this thread:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/bbe-sonic-maximizer.80037/

Thanks for that recommendation. I had read that thread, and I actually used to own the Sonic Maximizer in rack form. I was mentioning it really as a point to eliminate from the CAE preamp itself.

I’m really just wondering if the CA3+ model is pretty close to the real thing with Cygnus. It’s a rare piece of gear in the real world, but still some owners of the real unit were chiming in on that thread I referenced, but that thread was years ago, andI just wondered if maybe the new betas were feeling pretty close to the real thing at this point.

5 Band here. Did you guys refresh after new firmware in axe edit?

Hang on... I swapped presets and it's 8 band now. Can't chose 5 band mark. It goes to 8 now matter what.
Only using the front panel. I stopped using axe edit a while ago. My presets are pretty much done; tweaking here and there is easy on the hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom