Axe-FX II Vs XL

Cliff ALREADY SAID that this will NOT be affecting the new IR's for regular II users. Both units will be able to use them. I just do not need 500 presets when I use 20 NOW. Most people would not.

I don't think the new IR's are going to make a difference at all!

What i was referring to was that with more free space for IRs XL user will benefit of that because every one will probably go UltraRes, more free space, more UltraRes IRs...

I wouldn't personally benefit from 500 IRs. Once I finally stop being lazy and just buy cab-lab to mix up the IRs I currently run stereo, I will probably have a total of... 10-12 user cabs. But then, my tastes are pretty simple. If I had a situation where I was recording a horde of different bands in different genres and I didn't have time to sit down and bake up a mixed IR for each one, I could see this being a really huge benefit though.

If I wanted a live rig that covered everything I wanted in one patch, i can see where having lots of modifiers and more than 8 scenes would be useful, I guess. But since I'm pretty much just recording for myself these days, and I don't really use 2 amp setups, my most effects-laden preset that uses all my scenes with x/y states on pretty much everything still peaks out at 80% with Axe-Edit running, but I've still got some specialty presets to make up so I might start pushing up against the ceiling pretty soon.

That said, if I were buying for the first time, it would be XL all the way.

I don't "use" most of the II, but I sure sold my Ultra to get one. If I'm buying new, just show me the top shelf. You're not losing anything but money, and my wife will be happy to tell you that has never been on my mind when buying equipment. That's just me.

At this level of the amplification food chain, be the shark.

Where I see 500 downloadable IR's as being handy is for auditioning . For example, there are 15 Modern and 15 Vintage speakers in the Ownhammer 412 mix collections, and 18 Vintage 112 and 18 Vintage 212 speakers. That's 66 different speakers if you choose only one of each, and it doesn't include the Ownhammer Modern 112/212 mixes, the Fractal Paks, Redwirez, etc. I can certainly work with 100, but having more space would be handy.

Terry.

:eek: Uh, aren't you guys forgetting about the Secret Sauce III?

I hear it's absolutely delicious! :encouragement:

EDIT: AH, I see from his post above randolfo did not forget about the SSIII - I am really looking forward to this for those quiet passages. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Where I see 500 downloadable IR's as being handy is for auditioning . For example, there are 15 Modern and 15 Vintage speakers in the Ownhammer 412 mix collections, and 18 Vintage 112 and 18 Vintage 212 speakers. That's 66 different speakers if you choose only one of each, and it doesn't include the Ownhammer Modern 112/212 mixes, the Fractal Paks, Redwirez, etc. I can certainly work with 100, but having more space would be handy.

Terry.

+1

Keep your entire IR collection in the box.

Terry.

Good point - yer not going to audition that old IR with that new amp sim if its locked up in some dark folder somewhere on your PC/Mac ... but if its right there in the box and primed for auditioning ... ooh la la! :encouragement:

Back
Top Bottom