Axe Fx II vs Axe Fx III

In the early stages when the Axe-Fx III came on the market it seemed very similar to Axe-Fx II. But now the difference in sound is absolutely huge. With successive updates, the Axe-Fx III is moving further and further in the right direction. Definitely worth seriously thinking about buying one. I love working with the MK II in my studio.

Got it in today. Haven't done a deep dive in it yet, but I can tell you there is a difference in tone. I can honestly say that in a good way the tone is better. It's like I went from standard definition to High Def. And the II sounds great also, just a little more definition on the II.

With the II I felt like it was much harder to get sounds I liked. As many others have mentioned, the III sounds so much better with so little effort. But even if you were totally happy with the tone out of the II, the effects on the II are just another level. The effects are what got me to pull the trigger back at the end of 2020 and the unit just keeps getting better.

Got it in today. Haven't done a deep dive in it yet, but I can tell you there is a difference in tone. I can honestly say that in a good way the tone is better. It's like I went from standard definition to High Def. And the II sounds great also, just a little more definition on the II.
I got a FM3 today, and I can agree. I have been playing my Axe II all week, and my first hour with the FM3, the main thing I notice is that everything sounds more hi-def, less cloudy and bloated on the low end, and snappier in general.

No comparison with regards to realism and tube amp attributes between the current Cygnus and the Axe II's Ares, Cygus is much more dynamic and realistic (I own both, and use regularly the Axe II and a FM3)!

That said, which is "better" is subjective.

Back
Top Bottom