Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question for Cliff back in the 80s Lynch used something called a sustainiac or very similar to the Sustainer pickups or ebow..

can this be recreated in the Axe ..I am thinking with the hold delay you may be able to . If the hold delay was an IA like a pedal you could turn on /off to accent a certain note..
I think you answered your own question. Yes, you do what you described. There were presets floating around for this on the G1.

Question for Cliff back in the 80s Lynch used something called a sustainiac or very similar to the Sustainer pickups or ebow..

can this be recreated in the Axe ..I am thinking with the hold delay you may be able to . If the hold delay was an IA like a pedal you could turn on /off to accent a certain note..
You can approximate these effects, but the Axe-FX by itself doesn't have the tools to duplicate them.

The Sustainiac provides actual feedback of signal to your guitar strings. It gives you tones, and lets you do things like bending and hammering-on of sustained notes, that hold delay doesn't do. The E-bow provides constant stimulation of your guitar strings, which also lets you do things that go beyond a simple hold function.

You can approximate these effects, but the Axe-FX by itself doesn't have the tools to duplicate them.

The Sustainiac provides actual feedback of signal to your guitar strings. It gives you tones, and lets you do things like bending and hammering-on of sustained notes, that hold delay doesn't do. The E-bow provides constant stimulation of your guitar strings, which also lets you do things that go beyond a simple hold function.

closest I got was using a synth and a feedback loop.

I am waiting on a MFC 101 ,until then ,my question is: does you (or anybody) know if the johnson J-12 controller will work with the Axe II?

The J-12 is a well built pedal board, robust: with 5 foot switches for selecting presets of each bank, another 5 for the effects, and 2 more selector foot switches for changing banks or for activate the tuner or bypass. Moreover, 2 built-in expression pedals... Also a big LCD display.

It is also compatible with Digitech 2112, 2101, Valve FX and Legend II guitar pre-amps.

I haven't found any comment of it on this forum, and maybe it'd be an interesting option... till my MFC-101 arrives Thanks Klaushouz

I am waiting on a MFC 101 ,until then ,my question is: does you (or anybody) know if the johnson J-12 controller will work with the Axe II? The J-12 is a well built pedal board, robust: with 5 foot switches for selecting presets of each bank, another 5 for the effects, and 2 more selector foot switches for changing banks or for activate the tuner or bypass. Moreover, 2 built-in expression pedals... Also a big LCD display. It is also compatible with Digitech 2112, 2101, Valve FX and Legend II guitar pre-amps. I haven't found any comment of it on this forum, and maybe it'd be an interesting option... till my MFC-101 arrives Thanks Klaushouz
No. The j-12 does not really have a brain of it's own. It needs the digitech or Johnson to pass midi information.

Hiya,

Quick question, I ordered my Axe 2 today, I thought I saw something that said Axe Edit is not compatable or working for the 2? Was wondering if it was being worked on and if so when will it be implemented? I have an Ultra and will not sell it especially if I can't use Axe Edit with number 2.

I been studying for a course I been taking and haven't been able to look fully in the forums for this information so I apologize.

Earlier today I was doing something I described in another post, which was using Ipad and MFC both as controllers for the Axe II. I had the MFC set up to Axe mode with all defaults. It's working fine except that I need to dial it in for my purposes better. I had the Ipad set up as a midi controller sending looping commands and x/y controller messages via the midi input. The messages were sent from "Midi Touch" by switches that toggled between values of 0 and 127 on the CCs indicated in the manual for x/y control. It worked fine when I clicked on an effect with the MFC and then changed the x/y state. It was just what I wanted.

What I did not expect was that if I toggled the x/y state of most effects via the Ipad, the effect would turn ON as well as changing states. I wasn't sending the bypass CC and supposedly x/y doesn't affect bypass state. I didn't test all effects, but chorus, delay, flanger and phaser all turned on automatically when x/y state was toggled. Drive1 didn't do that. It toggled states, but only went on/off when I clicked on the MFC footswitch. That's how I expected all effects to work.

Has anyone tried anything like this and experienced anomalous behavior with the x/y states triggered externally?

Thanks,

Mike

Is the MFC port only for connection to the MFC or can it be used to connect to other floor controllers that use cat5 for midi?

I hope I'm not jumping in front of anyone here, I'm never quite sure how forums work,and always feel like i'm interupting. Anyway my question can I use input 1&2 together.I'm running FRFR ELX112p on output #2. I just purchased the Matrix GT800FX and only have the 212s from my Mesa Roadster to tap into for now. Is there a way to run all this at one time, using input one in combination. I believe input one is a rear connection? I realize that the info i'm seeking is somewhere in the manual,but can't get any specifics in this realm.

Anyway my question can I use input 1&2 together.I'm running FRFR ELX112p on output #2. I just purchased the Matrix GT800FX and only have the 212s from my Mesa Roadster to tap into for now. Is there a way to run all this at one time, using input one in combination. I believe input one is a rear connection? I realize that the info i'm seeking is somewhere in the manual,but can't get any specifics in this realm.

The inputs and outputs are actually independent. Using the front input 1 connection doesn't imply your output only comes out of output 1 on the rear. Output content is determined by the patch matrix, some global I/O settings, and whether or not you use the effects loop block in the patch.

In your case, since your second source is a guitar cabinet, and not an FRFR solution, you may want to look in to sending it a signal that comes after the AMP block, but before the CAB block in your patch. That way cabinet emulation isn't being applied to the signal being sent to the Mesa cabinet. Of course, play around and do whatever sounds best!

As a starting point, maybe try this:

Output 1 -> FRFR speaker
Output 2 -> Matix+Mesa

Add a an FXL (effects loop) block to your patch and connect the AMP block output to the FXL block input. Now ouput 2 is getting a signal that doesn't have cabinet emulation on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom