Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
correct, I was saying that I believe it would be crazy to release the Source Code.

or are you saying that you think it is a good idea?

Guys, just apply your common sense here. Cliff sunk his life savings into developing this platform, and it's a huge success. I don't see him giving it away just to satisfy people who are used to getting something for nothing.

Guys, just apply your common sense here. Cliff sunk his life savings into developing this platform, and it's a huge success. I don't see him giving it away just to satisfy people who are used to getting something for nothing.

EXACTLY!

that is why I said it was a crazy idea!

I am not for one second saying otherwise!

Cliff asked me if I was serious..... I think he misread my post

Last edited:
Can any class compliant USB audio source be plugged into the axe-fx II, or must it be paired with a computer for audio streaming?

1. What does the new Power Tube Gain and Saturation switch in the amp blocks do?

2. How does the Intelligent pitch shifting "Learn" function work?

1. Power Tube Gain allows you to increase the gain of the virtual power tubes. It will probably be removed for production firmware. The saturation switch switches in a zener diode clipping stage right before the tone stack. This is the "Arrendondo Mod".

2. Turn learn on. Play a note and hold it. Turn learn off. The key is automatically set to the note you were playing.

Dims are the same:
19” x 3.5” x 12” (483 x 88 x 305 mm)
http://www.fractalaudio.com/tmp/Axe-...duct_Brief.pdf
http://www.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-specifications.html

I'm building a custom case for the Axe-Fx II and am now confused about the dimensions -- are you now saying it's not 12" deep but anywhere from 12"-14" and preliminary documentation on the II is not right? Could someone please measure their II and report on the dimensions. Thank you ... " measure twice, cut once"

My understanding is that it is two inches deeper at 12" where as AxeFX I was 10" (plus a tad). I.e. a standard 14" rack is required whereas you could stuff it into a short rack (10.5") before.

Quote Originally Posted by Soopahmahn View Post
Didn't see this question posted earlier:

Has the tuner been redesigned in such a way that it covers more range, e.g. 6-8 octaves, so that it can handle bass guitar tuning through the higher end of the guitar range? Alternatively, is there/can there be a simple way to toggle between "bass" and "guitar" tuning ranges?

+1

Ditto for pitch tracking bass ranges for better accuracy using Pitch blocks in low ranges and the Pitch Modifier.

Didn't see an answer to any of this? No dice here?

Does the AxeII have feet on it? If I remove the ears I'd like to be able to just put it on a countertop without scratching the hell out of the table.

Will the Axe 2 still send the same Tuner info through the Midi Connection?

Trying to confirm that the Tuner function will still work correctly with my RJM Mastermind controller.

Thanks...

Does the AxeII have feet on it? If I remove the ears I'd like to be able to just put it on a countertop without scratching the hell out of the table.

No feet. Just add some. Then get it some Vibram Five Fingers.... (inside joke... :D )

I had this problem with Ultra:
I wanted to make octave lower effect on the lowest notes only (say from E to B on 6th string) to be 100 % wet and on the rest notes to be 0 %. I couldn't do that with modifiers because of the way curves work.I could make it fade gradually when the pitch goes up, but that's not what i need. I needed a lower string to sound like a bass and other strings to sound uneffected.

Is it possible to solve this on AXE II ?

I had this problem with Ultra:
I wanted to make octave lower effect on the lowest notes only (say from E to B on 6th string) to be 100 % wet and on the rest notes to be 0 %. I couldn't do that with modifiers because of the way curves work.I could make it fade gradually when the pitch goes up, but that's not what i need. I needed a lower string to sound like a bass and other strings to sound uneffected.

Is it possible to solve this on AXE II ?

No, you need would need a hexaphonic pickup for that and a unit that processes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom