Axe-FX II: SRV - Little Wing FW11

Gamedojo

Power User
Playing around with the "Magic 6" numbers for fenders, and produced this patch.

I sure wish a studio would get a series of IR captures of a JBL E130 Speaker. My homemade IR works, but using other IRs have shown me how much better the IR COULD be and could really help with these SRV tones I make. There is a inherent harshness in my IR capture that I'm sure is due to the lack of good mic pres and mics...

Winging it

And Of course:

PATCH DOWNLOAD.

Great sound, great playing, Totally great Job!
I love the way you captured that very special SRV character of holding on to a note, bending it with just the right vibrato and then bending it into another note.
Very tough to do, very expressive.
You really nailed the SRV essence.

Thank you for sharing your preset.

Last edited:
Nice job :) I copied Scene 1 to Scene 2 and then bypassed the Drive block and made the Input level 12db on the Input/Gate page for a nice clean Jimi version of this. Thanks for this :) Donation sent :)

I sure wish a studio would get a series of IR captures of a JBL E130 Speaker.

Is there a big difference between the E130 and D130? The Redwirez Big Box collection has the D130.

Patch and playing are top notch as always man. Thanks for sharing.

Top notch playing Tyler. Really good tone here imo. Thanks for sharing tones with us.

Is there a big difference between the E130 and D130? The Redwirez Big Box collection has the D130.

Patch and playing are top notch as always man. Thanks for sharing.

Quite a bit different. D's are Alnico and the E Series are Ceramic. Ceramic speakers are much bolder sounding IMO and hold the lows and low mids together much better. Quite important factor in SRV's tone. His entire pre-86 career was using the E130 and E110 speakers.

Back
Top Bottom