Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.02 Firmware Release

"Axe edit timeout error: failed to read cab name scratchpad 1" or something along those line. Now Axe Edit doesn't do anything even after numerous reboots of Axe and Axe Edit. Only: "please wait, communicating". :( :(

Edit: Hey, could this AxeEdit timeout error be related to the FractalBot error in some way, if it tries to read user cab 101 and when it doesn't find that, I goes sad and stops working?

"Axe edit timeout error: failed to read cab names" or something along those line. Now Axe Edit doesn't do anything even after numerous reboots of Axe and Axe Edit. Only: "please wait, communicating". :( :(
Incidentally, have you tired rebooting PC and AFX?

As stated in the release notes, it's just the "Class-A" amp models, meaning the "Class-A 15w" and "Class-A 30w" models.

A quick check of the Morgan (AC-20) and Matchless (Matchbox) models showed that reselecting the amp type (soft reset) does not change advanced parameter defaults. So no need to do that.
Yek, since many of the boutique models are a designer's take on one of the classic amp designs, you know of any cousins of the Vox AC30 in Cliff's bag of amps in the AFIIXL?

"Axe edit timeout error: failed to read cab name scratchpad 1" or something along those line. Now Axe Edit doesn't do anything even after numerous reboots of Axe and Axe Edit. Only: "please wait, communicating". :( :(

Edit: Hey, could this AxeEdit timeout error be related to the FractalBot error in some way, if it tries to read user cab 101 and when it doesn't find that, I goes sad and stops working?
Interesting! My Fractalbot error was related to the scratchpad, but my Fractalbot had already been updated after the fix, so it did not cause any further difficulty. I wonder if your scratchpad memory in the unit itself is not reading as either full or empty (limbo).

I exported a preset I created in FW 9.02 and sent it to my friend who then loaded it on his system with FW8.00 and there were no problems. The preset did not have any special FW9 characteristics, but I haven't seen any problems on my system with this upgrade.

i'm not sure about the deluxe tweed. the transformer drive defaults to 1.7 (which was the incorrect value for the AC30's). and it sounds a bit squished and congested. lowering it to 0.9, which is the new default value for the AC30 sounds much better. i might have a look back though some old backups and see what the old default was

It seems I'm now another victim of constant Axe Edit timeout errors, which is a serious problem in studio use when the Axe is 15 feet away. :(
"Failed to query preset CPU use."

It seems I'm now another victim of constant Axe Edit timeout errors, which is a serious problem in studio use when the Axe is 15 feet away. :(
"Failed to query preset CPU use."
I feel for you brother. I had my first time out ever on 9.01 with my XL+. Not a good thing to have happen!! Seeing it was my first and hopefully last, I’m not sure if it’s the same as everyone else. Did you totally lose all audio and have to cycle the power off and on for the AXE to get audio back?

Last edited:
i'm not sure about the deluxe tweed. the transformer drive defaults to 1.7 (which was the incorrect value for the AC30's). and it sounds a bit squished and congested. lowering it to 0.9, which is the new default value for the AC30 sounds much better. i might have a look back though some old backups and see what the old default was

1.7 is the correct value. That doesn't mean you can't lower the value which would be akin to a transformer upgrade.

I feel for you brother. I had my first time out ever on 9.01 with my XL+. Not a good thing to have happen!! Seeing it was my first and hopefully last, I’m not sure if it’s the same as everyone else. Did you totally lose all audio and have to cycle the power off and on for the AXE to get audio back?

Axe continues to work, but AxeEdit dies. I think also the DAW lost contact with axe. Ugh. I'm gonna have to return back at least one update, this never happened before.

Curious. Did you get this (failure of Axe Edit to "do anything" even after rebooting both units) resolved? And how were you able to do that if so, and if not, have you re-installed Axe Edit?

Just completed the firmware update. Can someone tell me difinitively if we're supposed to rest the amp block, or do anything else, to make all the updated settings effective? Seems silly to have to do this, but I just want to make sure I maximize the unit. Thanks.

Axe continues to work, but AxeEdit dies. I think also the DAW lost contact with axe. Ugh. I'm gonna have to return back at least one update, this never happened before.

I have this connection issue as reported in bug section and other threads. But mine is Axe-Fx II Mark II with Axe-Edit on Win10.

The mitigation that works for me to prevent it to happen too soon are:
  • Put AxeEdit in pause mode when working with DAW and/or audio player apps (any apps that sending audio to AxeFx)
  • Stop DAW and audio player apps (any apps that sending audio to AxeFx) when working with AxeEdit
It is not ideal but that’s the only thing I can do. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom