Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
The preamp hardness was off the default values on some of my presets. I guess that I made these settings on an earlier FW and I liked it then. However, now it sounds better to me when I set it back to it's default.
Maybe when you notice a big change in a sound, this is the setting where it comes from.

I'm still confused how to set the motor drive and the settings on the motor drive page. Can anyone give me any tips for how this is intended to be dialed? I understand you're looking to get -3db of gain for USA cabs and -6db for euro cabs, but what about the gain and the delay controls??? Totally still confused.

For reference... https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/motor-drive-suggestions-for-frfr.126544/#post-1505542

Please help!

Set it to 4.5 and rip the knob off. :D

Do you still have issues with those amps @yek or not?

Tweaking brought back the ODS-100 clean.

The TX Star Clean still is very bland and dark, more than I remember it to be. The model I mean, I have never played a real one. Maybe the real one is just like this.

I tested 10 amp models. A "soft reset" made absolutely no difference at all.

Note that all these models were reset by me after installing fw 7.00.
If you haven't done that, resetting now WILL have an impact.

Did you try the reset on the Mark IIc++ or Mesa Rectifier I noticed improvement after resetting those and redoing settings.

I like the cleaner definition with this one. It seems like sometimes the firmware leans towards a blues player kind of breakup or its better for fender and blues and country amps but screws my heavy amps up. Is it hard to do a total firmware update and balance all the different amp styles Cliff? Say you make the heavy amps more focused and punchy, does it effect all the amps? Vise -versa?

I like the cleaner definition with this one. It seems like sometimes the firmware leans towards a blues player kind of breakup or its better for fender and blues and country amps but screws my heavy amps up. Is it hard to do a total firmware update and balance all the different amp styles Cliff? Say you make the heavy amps more focused and punchy, does it effect all the amps? Vise -versa?
. Not sure why your missing punch and focus on high gain amps. Not a problem here could be another issue

. Not sure why your missing punch and focus on high gain amps. Not a problem here could be another issue
I'm not really, Its just seems some updates are better than others for my high gains. I've played rack gear and solid state amps for years and only owned a handful of tube amps and had better luck getting the chunk from non-tube amps. I love the sound of the amps in the Axe Fx but I think I'm just not use to tube amps for metal and Cliff does a great job with them because I run into the same issues with his models as I do the real counterparts. I am liking Q8 so far.

The BE and HBE are killing it here, wasn't a fan previously but now they are clear and less boomy whilst still having a tonne of thick lowend. Drool

I haven't posted in a while but I gotta say Thank you Cliff !
There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said about the dedication,professionalism and generosity of Cliff and Fractal....

I'm continuously surprised,amazed and thankful for an ever evolving,beautiful piece of equipment.
This particular update is perfect and if it was the final, I would be completely satisfied.The feel and squishy,chewiness is sublime !

Thanks again Cliff !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom