Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Public Beta #2

Hi guys,

I've been always a "release" guy, but I was too curious about Q7.
Q7b2 was the first beta I've installed.

Of course I'm enjoying it, so much that I tweaked several old and new presets, but something came to my mind today.

Will my presets stored when in beta fw compatible with the next release version? Yes, maybe or definately not?

I backed up everything before install beta, so I'm not worry about old stuff. My questions is to know if I could lose the new and improvements made.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I've been always a "release" guy, but I was too curious about Q7.
Q7b2 was the first beta I've installed.

Of course I'm enjoying it, so much that I tweaked several old and new presets, but something came to my mind today.

Will my presets stored when in beta fw compatible with the next release version? Yes, maybe or definately not?

I backed up everything before install beta, so I'm not worry about old stuff. My questions is to know if I could lose the new and improvements made.
Yes they will be compatible, but if cliff is making further improvements then it won't take advantage of those unless you again reload the amp to take advantage of the new defaults.

Another good practice session, pushing some weak areas

For no reason, used the plexi 6550 with TS in front. FFS... the tightness... is real

I have to admit, I haven't been able to use my Parker (active pickups, in D standard) with the Axe, it has always turned to mush. With this FW, it's tight as fuck. I don't have to use bass cut in the amp block, don't need nearly as much gain. So much fun.

I can't wait for that beta #3...It's hard to imagine there's something even more epic than #2. I'm just recording further without waiting for the new release cause it already sounds brilliant.

bemjJkh.gif

:D

I think it is going to be a few more days. I believe the atmospheric glass within each virtual tube was causing a flux delay in the taint-core which rendered the epidermis virtually unavoidable when playing a Plexi with no underwear on.

Seriously though, Fractal rocks. Only forum where all of us players are so excited for a firmware update. :)

...Seriously though, Fractal rocks. Only forum where all of us players are so excited for a firmware update. :)

It's sort of odd, because here we are, playing through the most awesome modeler imaginable, and yet we're all still on the edges of our seats eagerly awaiting for something even more awesome. And we already know Cliff will blow our socks off. I love it!

Cliff is starting to remind me of this girl on the road who would get me all excited and worked up but never give me the official release.
In my experience prolonging the beta test on firmware gets a girl more enjoyment.

Last edited:
argh, just when I thought that my Fox ODS Deep preset cannot be any better... The bloody thing swallows now my actual real world pedals so well that I have to completely rethink how I use my Axe :D

Have to say that I would be perfectly happy if Fractal would deside to shorten the list of amp models only to main amp prototypes such as "FAS Dumble, FAS Plexi, etc..." from where the users could tweak the prototypes to their liking. This way it would be way more easier to use those fantastic FAS algorithms to their full potential :)

Back
Top Bottom