Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.00 Firmware Released

What older modelling versions did pre-Quantum 6 support on the Mark I/II? I haven't upgraded in a very long time and really liked the sound of some amps on V7.

What older modelling versions did pre-Quantum 6 support on the Mark I/II? I haven't upgraded in a very long time and really liked the sound of some amps on V7.
Heehee...you're in for a whole stack of treats when you do get around to updating. :)

Sorry if I missed this somewhere in the thread- is there any difference for XL users between the beta and the final version?

Thanks in advance.

I sure would like to know too, since the file name is exactly the same. Regardless I overrote it with the latest forum posted version of Q6. Taste great, less filling.

i just installed. went through all my patches and had to adjust a couple of levels. didn't take long. just jammed for 40 mins on the 50w plexi, the brit silver, plexi 1976 and one of the friedman's. all of them sound fantastic. will spend some time with the fenders tomorrow and the wah's. very, very nice update.

I like the changes to the wah. Feels more like what I remember my actual crybaby feeling like. Feels sublime with the Mission expression pedal.

I only got to play with my AC-20 patch last night, but holy balls! The feel is definitely improved. Been riding the train since FW17, and for me, this is the biggest improvement in feel since the jump to Quantum 1.0. Sounds phenomenal too. Definitely more open sounding with a more pleasing high end. I genuinely can't tell I'm playing out of my cheap-o EV powered 12 inch wedge. Up until this firmware, there was always "something" that gave it away for me. Now, it's gone. Sounds and feels like an amp. Crazy.

Thanks Cliff & the rest of FAS! You made a lifetime customer the first time I plugged in my XL, but I have to say that this level of customer service is unmatched. Anywhere. You guys really spoil us.

I was never dissatisfied with the wahs in previous firmware.
But they do sound better in Q6, and cut through better.

Clyde is now my favorite, used to be Cry Babe.
And the Color-Tone for specific purposes.

Note that the Level parameter in the Wah block now changes with each Wah type.

There are two Modeling Version params in Global. One applies to creating new presets. The other overrides the Modeling Version value in presets and sets it to the specified value.
Does this mean that if I setup both params like ON, all future updates after install will always change my amp's settings to the LATEST without "select/deselect" or "double click bypass" ?

I ear a more distinctive sound between the amp models and more focused note separation.
The wha is absolutely perfect! The new parametres are powerful!

I had to play 45 minutes this morning before heading to work. Damn!!! does q6 sound great! :)

Thanks Cliff!!

I don't think I missed it, but what does the Coil Bias tweak?
I can definitely hear the difference, but can't quite figure out exactly what its relationship is within the Wah.

Some of this stuff may wind up being lost on me, since I already like the way the wah sounds ;) But I have to comment on how this company just keeps exceeding all expectations at such a consistent pace. I've had this thing a year and when I look at how many enhancements have come along free of charge I can only conclude that this is a labor of love and that we're the side beneficiaries. One of the best purchases I've ever made. And I've bought a lot of shit.
What, you like the way the earlier F/W wah sounds? Wah?

Wah Wah Wah Wah?

(It was fine but maybe not exactly Randy Hansen-level - can't wait to try Cliff's new creation).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom