Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 5.03 Firmware Released

Thank you Cliff and FAS Staff! The Axe FX II is sounding incredible! Can't stop playing it, and I'm just starting to recover from a Carpal Tunnel injury!!! Lol Flav

Even more sag? What's the idea behind that? I never turned sag all the way up, should I? I prefer stable tones that jump right in my face.

Anyway, thank you for the update.

Even more sag? What's the idea behind that? I never turned sag all the way up, should I? I prefer stable tones that jump right in my face.

On cleanish amp settings, I think that higher sag gives a more realistic, tube-like, feel to the dynamics of the model. I'm not sure how desirable it is with higher gain settings.

On cleanish amp settings, I think that higher sag gives a more realistic, tube-like, feel to the dynamics of the model. I'm not sure how desirable it is with higher gain settings.

I mainly played 100W to 120W Engl amps. I never turned them up as far as you'd need it to get some sag. They stay stable but sound tubey somrhow and that's the sound that I'm used to.

Set it where you like it.

The impetus was this:
Someone asked me to match a Kemper profile (one of the Top Jimi ones). I could not match the profile even with the Supply Sag all the way up. With the new firmware I can now match the profile with Supply Sag around 7.0. I've never encountered a real amp with that much sag so I don't know how accurate the profile is but that's the story behind it. Theoretically at maximum Supply Sag you get about 6 dB maximum compression. So at 7.0 you'd get about 4-5 dB which is huge (and I mean yuuuuuuge). I've never measured an amp that gets anywhere near that and it's usually around 1-2 dB. The worst I've seen is our 1968 100W Plexi where the sag measures about 2.4 dB.

Back
Top Bottom