Axe-Fx II Quantum Rev 3.00 Public Beta 2

Interesting that the high end freq. is now doubled...is that required since IR's are getting more accurate/detailed and freqs. extend that high?

It's probably inaudible but there were a few amp models where the matching was indicating a loss of high-frequency response. This was traced to the high-cut filter. When the high-cut frequency is 20 kHz that means the response is 3 dB down at 20 kHz so you've still got some slight attenuation at, say, 15 kHz. So for the sake or accuracy it now goes to 40 kHz which pushes that pole well outside the audible range.

40 kHz? Maybe my dog will appreciate the extended frequency response! ;)

All joking aside, I appreciate all the ongoing hard work from FAS!

It's probably inaudible but there were a few amp models where the matching was indicating a loss of high-frequency response. This was traced to the high-cut filter. When the high-cut frequency is 20 kHz that means the response is 3 dB down at 20 kHz so you've still got some slight attenuation at, say, 15 kHz. So for the sake or accuracy it now goes to 40 kHz which pushes that pole well outside the audible range.

Hmmm more interesting facts about amps and how Cliff is dedicated to accuracy in his modeling :)

I can't believe the dedication and professionalism from Cliff and all the FAS Staff! In a couple of days time everyones feedback, on real issues or not so much, has been addressed! Can't thank you enough! So glad I purchased my AXE FX II! Kudos!

I should add that this version is slightly different than the prior beta. I refined the triode modeling. I think it sounds even better.

ok I was just about to ask what happened. :)

It just sounds tighter and bigger. I didn't change anything, but noticed that the bottom end is really tight and the sound is overall juicer and even more pleasant than before. Can anyone confirm that or am I just imagining things because of what Cliff said?

(not that I don't believe him, I just want to know I can trust my ears) :)

oh and thanks Cliff and FAS, you rock and rule!

Well, this was interesting!

I have a FAS Modern preset that I've been using for a while to experiment when things change, and the last time I set up a fresh preset was on the Q3 beta 1. I loaded up a I compared it to a preset that I started from fresh and there it was! I was pointing out to a friend that the beta 2 was better sounding. Meaty and better highs, lows, etc. Thought I was crazy at first but now with what Cliff has said... Hooray!

Can someone check and see if you are getting erratic behavior on the modeling version switch? I can't get it to work right. It won't stay where I put it and it won't always move where I put it. 3.02 beta

Back
Top Bottom