Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 2.00 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOTE:

I have removed the downloads temporarily. I'm feverishly working on new builds that fix the Overdrive knob bug in the TX Star and Angle Severe models. So if you haven't updated you may want to wait an hour or so.

Standby...
I noticed my Angle had more gain and less mids or thickness. The Herbie 3 is way better!

Holy shit!!! My fave preset with real Cab sounds noticeably better, really nice and full and valve like. There must be something major improvement under the hood.

Palm mutes & feel are great, maybe a little too strong on certain models?, overall better feel. No harshness in the highs at all, but I found I had bump up the value of the bright cap to get some chime back, but smooth warm clean sounds are much better and easier to get. The gain character is slightly smoother (less grainy?) and seems more authentic even though I like grainy crunchy sometimes :). FW definitely has some mojo goin' on. IMHO

Any issues with running a beta using axe edit software? I heard that beta's sometimes don't play well with ace edit....

Any issues with running a beta using axe edit software? I heard that beta's sometimes don't play well with ace edit....
it's usually only a problem when a new control is introduced. new amps and cabs show up though, so this should probably work fully.

It is working okay here. You have to wait for the blocks to update when you launch it the first time after updating. I haven't had a lot of time to try to break it yet.

What Chris said... he types faster.

YMMV :)

It is working okay here. You have to wait for the blocks to update when you launch it the first time after updating. I haven't had a lot of time to try to break it yet.

YMMV :)
Still waiting for the link to be reposted so I can download it. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom