Axe-fx II Preamps, what are your favorites on High Gain presets?

Ironwill

Experienced
Hey, how's it working for you with the Axe-fx II Preamps in the cab block, what are your favorite Preamp's, channels on High Gain guitars in your presets? Maybe share some settings you like on them in general. Would be awesome to hear and see from you! \m/

My favs soo far: Modern Drive 3.10 SAT 1.60, little bit of the Eq (Very fat and sweet)
Transformer Drive 3.40 SAT 3 No eq (cleaner than the Modern model, add some great character to the tone)

My High Gain Preset is usually pretty simple built, Drive TS808- 5153 Red amp and the factory Recto New Mix Ultra Res cab.

Modern for sure. I usually leave the drive and saturation up to the amp but the bass mid and treble controls are great for shaping the overall tone of the speaker.

Last edited:
I haven't been using them a ton, but for stiff sounding amps that need some 'softening' I've been using the 'vintage' preamp with the mids bumped up a bit. Drive and saturation I have set somewhere around 9 o'clock, though I think the effectiveness of those controls depend upon where the amp or cab output level is set. Ie. your gain staging matters.

I haven't experimented much though. I just pulled up the 'vintage' preamp, tweaked it a bit and it sounded good, so I left it at that.

Back
Top Bottom