Axe FX II/POD HD500x Comparison

Orion86

So, I decided that I was going to go to guitar center to purchase a POD HD500x just so that I could compare something else on the market to the axe.

I plugged it in and played around with it for a couple of hours just to come away with a much greater appreciation for what Cliff has done here. Not one of you need me to say that nothing compares to what the Axe has accomplished, but I'm saying it anyway... This truly is one of the most amazing things that technology has afforded us as musicians.

Thank you, thank you, thank you

And don't think I'm bashing the POD... for it's price range and for the market it's aimed at, I'm sure it does just fine.

That's like running away from the circus to join the orphanage.

Surely there must have been another motive at play, as you just dropped $500 on something to prove what you already knew

Agreed. I spent some time playing one at GC, to assess it for tone and flexibility. It's in the ballpark for many aspects, and I didn't have my AxeFX for direct A/B comparison. However, I can say the AxeFX has a real amp mojo that isn't present in the Line6 HD gear. It doesn't make that other equipment bad. But I'm definitely an AxeFX believer, and I love the way this device opens up new landscapes of tone with every update.

Surely there must have been another motive at play, as you just dropped $500 on something to prove what you already knew

lol, something called return policy. But thanks for your skepticism! ;)

So you bought it knowing you were going to return it, just for an experiment?

You never know without trying. He might have found the HD to be close enough that he could justify selling the Axe and pocketing the difference.

Sent using Tapatalk 4.

When I sold my Ultra to buy the AxeFXII I bought an 11R to hold me over. A couple of months into the wait I actually started to get to where I wasn't hating it and had a few good presets. I've never been one to fill up every slot with a patch anyway.

So when my name came up on the wait list I went ahead and bought it, but when it came I was thinking about selling it on e-Bay and make some cash in the process. I picked my best patch on the 11R and played it for about 20 minutes. Then I plugged in the AxeFXII, using the default Bassman preset on v4.0. Within about 2 minutes the 11R was on e-Bay.

Now that was with v4.0 and I can honestly say that the difference between now and then is staggering. Sometimes you have to try it out for yourself just to make sure because a lot of the crap on the internet is either hype or hate, but I can say that going from the FAS stuff to other modelling products isn't enjoyable. :)

Dude that ("running away from the circus to join the orphanage") was hilarious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom