Axe-Fx II - Marshall JVM 410h

kellyg

Hey, I've been using the boss gt-10 for the past year or so and I could rarely get a good tone out of it ONCE in awhile. Seriously thinking about purchasing the Axe-FX II.
Will it even sound good on my amp or would I have to buy monitor speakers?
Can I download the manual before purchasing?
What would be the best way to hook it up?
Please some info would be greatly appreciated.

Boss GT-10 is light years behind the Axe-Fx. I used to own the GT-10 and am ashamed I ever used it for recordings. I don't think they are even comparable even though they are modelers with effects.

Google the wiki and give it a read through. You can run it into an amp but you'll only be using a small part of what it's capable of IMO. If your amp has an fx loop it's great for that. Or just go all in and grab some decent monitors :)

that soundcloud clip is sick man! So all I would need is monitors+axe-fx II? and im ready to go?

Thats all I use it through atm. Lots of different options with the axe fx II. I've owned over 15+amps the past 2 years(lots of high enders too) and the axe fx II has been the best gear purchase I've made. Its soooo good I had to sell my unit a few months back and just got another one in this week!

I owned (2) Marshall Jvm 410H's. Had them for a few years until I learned about the Axe II. I got the Axe and sold both Marshalls and have never missed them or looked back. I own (2) Axe's now. I still kept the Marshall 425A cabinet and run one of the Axe's thru it in stereo. The other one thru floor monitors. Either way sounds great!

I owned (2) Marshall Jvm 410H's. Had them for a few years until I learned about the Axe II. I got the Axe and sold both Marshalls and have never missed them or looked back. I own (2) Axe's now. I still kept the Marshall 425A cabinet and run one of the Axe's thru it in stereo. The other one thru floor monitors. Either way sounds great!

You sold me on it. Selling my JVM and ordering the axe-fx ii ASAP

You sold me on it. Selling my JVM and ordering the axe-fx ii ASAP
You will not regret it! I don't miss all the noise, hiss, hum etc. from the Marshall's. Or the tubes. Got all that great Marshall sound and soooooooo much more from the Axe!

I own a JVM210h with matching 1960AV + BV full stack..... I really hope you were only using the GT10 for effects, otherwise it's no wonder you are not happy with it. The JVM preamp and gain stages are the best sounding Marshall pre EVER IMO. I've heard guys create ok tones with the GT10, but one word wraps it up for me...... Sterile. the last 2 other guitar players in my current cover project used the GT8 into a Marshal DSL2000 + 1960A, and the other guy a GT10 into a Peavey Classic 50.

Both guys were replaced for various reasons, mostly due to not making rehearsals, but part of the decision was because their sound was seriously lacking, muddy, tinny, and the biggest thing of all, NOISEY!

Anyways.... I was using my JVM full stack until I decided to try the Axe. After trying in vain to integrate the Axe into my rig, I realized I was just "not doing it right." Went and rented some FRFR monitors and that was 3 & 1/2 months and 15 gigs ago.... Haven't even powered up the JVM since.

Currently on the Waitlist for two Atomic CLR active wedges :)

Back
Top Bottom