Axe-Fx II fw14 Released!

Thanks FAS team great work on FW 14 .
That RECTO1 ORG MDRN is schweet - instant gratification
nails the tone and feel - with the added benefit of not scaring the CAT ( Too Much ) :cat:

Jamming with a friend later tonight so my AxeFX II is packed up. I'll definitely install this update before we get started (spare eprom's on hand just in case... better to have and not need then to need and not have). This will be my friends first exposure to the AxeFX II. He's gonna freak out! My buddy digs teh brootalz :D

Thank you Cliff, M@, FAS, and beta testers for you time and efforts! The continued development and free updates are most appreciated. The best just keeps getting better!

Loaded it up. Sounds great. Awesome to have more UR cabs!

Dialed for tonights gig & tried some cabs. I accidentally upgraded the Lemur iPad editor to V5 and it quit working (V4 works well) so I had to dial with Axe-Edit.

AE has come a long way, but pushing a mouse around and clicking is still much slower than using a touchscreen. When choosing cabs in AE, you can't leave the cab list open and try different cabs. It closes each time. This means more mouse-pushing and clicking, which is the opposite of what Axe-Fx users want…especially with hundreds of new cabs becoming available.

More playing/less mousing is just one of the reasons I still like a touchscreen editor. Plus the cab list stays up there; you keep touching cabs until one jumps out at you. Much faster.

This is off topic, but re-dialing after FW updates would be much better if unnecessary mousing/clicking were reduced in AE. I redialed some of my presets. If I'd been using a touchscreen, all of them would've been done.

Last edited:
"What have I done wrong to piss you off this time Baaaaby?" I updated to 14 but new presets sound bad (e.g. the latest Robin Trower and Bridge of Sighs presets have too much noise and the univibe/phaser can be heard oscillating; the MDay patch has a high pitch squeal; these patches sounded great with 13.07). These patches are not using Recto amps. Any suggestions? I went back to 13.07 and then back to 14.00 again with the same results. I also loaded the new Axe Edit version. Thank you for your kind attention.

...any I hope I have made this obvious that this is obviously my fault. I love everything about my Axe-Fx II and when something goes wrong it has always been something dumb that I have managed to do!

"What have I done wrong to piss you off this time Baaaaby?" I updated to 14 but new presets sound bad (e.g. the latest Robin Trower and Bridge of Sighs presets have too much noise and the univibe/phaser can be heard oscillating; the MDay patch has a high pitch squeal; these patches sounded great with 13.07). These patches are not using Recto amps. Any suggestions? I went back to 13.07 and then back to 14.00 again with the same results. I also loaded the new Axe Edit version. Thank you for your kind attention.

UTILITY--->PRESET----> UPDATE ALL PRESETS.

By far the best amp models in a FW release EVER! Just an amazing update - the IR's are also incredible!

Thank you FAS!!! :)

WWWwwwwwoooOOOOOOoooowwwWWWWWwww!
watta triplet!!!

YEEESSSS... WEEK END!!!

I can't say how happy I am coz I'm an Axe owner!

TNX FAS & Cliff

Back
Top Bottom