Axe-Fx II FW v14.01 Released!

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Axe-Fx II Firmware v14.01 is now available at Fractal Audio Systems - Support

Please note that this is the first firmware version with separate downloads for the Axe-Fx II XL vs. the Axe-Fx II Original/Mark II.
The newest version of Fractal-Bot should be used in either case.

14.01 RELEASE NOTES

• Improved Amp block X/Y switching time for presets with high CPU usage.
  • Improved Amp block power amp dynamic impedance modeling.
  • Fixed unable to set Modifier Min/Max on certain parameters whose values are either Off or On.
  • Fixed IR Capture reporting finished before conversion complete (for CabLab).
  • Fixed I/O->Pedal menu in XL models.
  • Fixed wrong summing junction configuration in Vibrato Lux model.
  • Fixed engaging Fat switch on FAS Bass model causes strange sound. Note that the FAS Bass model has an active tone stack so the Fat switch has no effect by design.
  • Fixed wrong Mid taper in Super Verb model.
  • Changed Band Commander model so that “V1” is installed thereby reducing drive level into phase inverter. The sound of the previous version of the model can be achieved by increasing Master Volume Trim to approximately 2.0.
  • Updated all “Blackface” models (models based on Fender AA763 and AB763 preamps) as these models neglected the fact that there are two capacitors between the final triode stage and the phase inverter. This change is likely inaudible but was done for correctness.
  • Added “Vibrato Verb AA” amp model based on an AA763 Fender VibroVerb.
  • Added “Vibrato Verb AB” amp model based on an AB763 Fender VibroVerb.
  • Added “AC-20 DLX 12AX7” amp model based on the Treble channel of a Morgan AC-20 Deluxe with the EF86/12AX7 switch in the 12AX7 position.

Cliff said not to get excited yesterday because this is big fixes, but when I see him focusing on the low powered amps, which are the ones I tend to use, it IS exciting.

Faster x/y amp switching is exciting.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the continued updates (and new amps!!). I noticed that the filenames are the same for both II and XL ?

Improved Amp block X/Y switching time for presets with high CPU usage.
This has been a marked improvement in my patches which tend to push the +90% range. Thank you!

All of the Fender amp enhancements PLUS those new Fender IRs from Cab Pack #4 make the Fenders really something special now. Sublime.

Reactions: yek
"Improved Amp block power amp dynamic impedance modeling. "

Seems like Cliff always works on areas that I seem to be studying/experimenting with at the time. How's that happen?

Back
Top Bottom