Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 7.00 Public Beta

Just re-recorded a mix that I made with "product K" that used a VH4 Channel 3 profile that I've been really digging. Used the new VH4 model and...wow. Basically spot on. Deleted even more blocks that are now unnecessary. This is awesome.

when there is no space remaining for any more possible mojo..

FAS goes and finds some...

and stuffs a pile more in there...

A.... fkn... maz... in'

Guthrie's right you know...
the Axe has switched from engineering to witchcraft...

now I don't know if I'm hearing this right...
but I think I'm getting better definition and clarity in the hi-gain tones [5153Red and old VH4]..
and the Hiwatt seems somehow 'sweeter'

Yes, you should hear better definition, string separation and clarity across the board. Furthermore, you can increase the Master Volume more without it getting flubby. It will just get more focused and compressed (like a real amp). There is a larger sweet spot on the Master now.

Note: upgrade seemed to go fine

after a quick test:
- all presets work as before [including all my screwy controller stuff]
- all tones feel the way they should [actually better / slicker]
- Hiwatt tone is a tad cleaner than before [just a tiny nudge on the drive or MV will add the minuscule amount of grit I'm after - that said, I'm liking this sweeter tone cos it's retained it's girth]
- reverbs seem to be a touch more transparent with the effect of drying the tones just a touch.. but I like it.. it seems more open..
- the high end of the hi-gain tones is much sweeter..
- my 'morphed to clean' tones have better response to dynamics.. kinda takes the tone and puts it more into your hands..

everything seems to have a real nice polish about it..

First time I've ever had a problem with a new firmware. Download went as usual, but all patches sound bizarre--like they're at the bottom of a well. Very low level and intense echo. Will try re-installing the FW :(

Thanks very much for your endless thought dedication and support of this masterpiece. ( luckily its not april 1, one day Cliff may release a "totally new version" and everyone goes nuts (and nothing will have changed...).

so these new cab? are they replacing any of the current ones or did you add more stock cab slots?

Yes, you should hear better definition, string separation and clarity across the board. Furthermore, you can increase the Master Volume more without it getting flubby. It will just get more focused and compressed (like a real amp). There is a larger sweet spot on the Master now.

this is gonna get interesting... cos pushing the MV a little more will drive the mids more..
this could be a killer ingredient..

I really have to hand it to ya...
when it comes to innovation and stuff..
you're doing the equivalent of splitting the atom..

First time I've ever had a problem with a new firmware. Download went as usual, but all patches sound bizarre--like they're at the bottom of a well. Very low level and intense echo. Will try re-installing the FW :(

if the reinstall don't work..
try re-downloading and re-installing..
back in 6.0 I had an odd issue which the re-download resolved

New start with 7.0?

What's the best way to get a " new start " with factory presets for 7.0?
I have my "goto" patches backed up.
If I reload the latest banks from the site, will that do it ? I feel like it won't. Do we need to "init." each amp individually to get the new 7.0 magic dust in them ?

Last edited:
Just spent the last few hours w/the Beta. Worked like a champ...no problems to report and Wow!!! The feel has improved dramatically. It just keeps getting better.

So...this is weird....Installed 7.0...verified the firmware version.....seeing the new controls in the amp blocks, etc......but none of my overdrive blocks are working. Need to bypass them to get sound out of the box....the time domain effect, multi-band comp, reverb all work fine.....

any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom