Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 5.07 Available

Removed “4x12 METAL” cab per owner’s request. Replaced with “4x12 V30 ULTRA” which is a cab from the original Axe-Fx.

Is it Jocke Skog who made the IR or Engl who complained for the use of this cab?

compared with the bankfiles before these I think that the zip-file and the content (in this moment) are the same ...

They do have the same name. But if memory doesn't fail me, although different, the bank files for 5.01 and 5.04b also had the same name.

I'm assuming that the presets using the 4x12 METAL cab were updated to use the new (old) 4x12 30W ULTRA cab or other suitable cab.

This update is strongly recommended as it fixes issues with backup and sync with Axe-Edit. New Axe-Edit will be available soon.

This may explain a lot. I set up to play Sunday morning only to discover that all my custom CC#'s were gone and the system defaults were back. I did a backup the night before but I don't recall checking off "Reset" (or whatever it's called). Then again, maybe it was an Oops on my part.

Terry.

This may explain a lot. I set up to play Sunday morning only to discover that all my custom CC#'s were gone and the system defaults were back. I did a backup the night before but I don't recall checking off "Reset" (or whatever it's called). Then again, maybe it was an Oops on my part.

Terry.

Probably an oops on your part. There were no reports of resetting parameters AFAIK

"Changed LFOs to reset to zero phase when stopped with RUN modifier."

I reported this very recently and I'm so excited and impressed that it has been addressed!

Thanks Cliff and FAS!!!

Heads up! If you get no sound on some of your patches, check your 4xchorus. The update probably changed it to "mute out" on bypass mode. At least did on mine. Changed to "thru" and its rocking as usual

i just posted in the bugs section with a similar event as tone seeker using 272. My I/O settings were all reset, copy 1 to 2 off, tuner mute off, global eq's reset, etc after a backup to AE 272.
Does this new F/W fix this or maybe I have a mobo cmos problem ?
thx

Terry.

i just posted in the bugs section with a similar event as tone seeker using 272. My I/O settings were all reset, copy 1 to 2 off, tuner mute off, global eq's reset, etc after a backup to AE 272.
Does this new F/W fix this or maybe I have a mobo cmos problem ?
thx

Its hard to say. Upgrade, if it happens again report it. since 2 of you experienced after a backup/sync it definitely could be related to sync issues. Remember (if you didn't already know)you can back up your system settings and recover them either from the internal flash or syx file.

Is there anything different about the banks that would need replacing?

Two presets which were using DUAL DELAYS were adjusted to accommodate a change to that algorithm. They are 209 ECHOES FROM GOD and 284 RECTO LEAD

Loaded v5.07 and there was no sound from my main preset. Looked at all the blocks, and many amp controls were set the the negative extreme (e.g. Drive/Bass/Mid/Treb/Presence/Depth/Master Vol/Level/all EQ controls... set to lowest possible setting). I went through every single control on the amp using the AxeFx front panel and set it to the desired values. Now I have sound.

Not to be a complainer, but the preset is way too loud now. It clips even with the amp block bypassed. Oh look Mr. Bill, all the user cabs are corrupted! Oh Nooooooo!!!

It appears that in presets using a global amp block, the amp settings were messed up in the process of updating from 5.04b to 5.07. Last update it was global cab2 blocks that took a hit, and the one before that it was the user cabs again. I believe I will start unlinking all global blocks first thing. This is not helping me to overcome my obsession with backing things up all the time. In fact, Mr. Bill, I think we need to back you up right now. Watch out for the garbage disposal Mr. Bill. Oh Nooooo!!!

Back
Top Bottom