Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 5.01 Up

Complaints come with the territory... Nothing is ever perfect, and people will always have issues.

Being a programmer myself, I also get defensive when someone questions or insults my code, doesnt happen often though :) ... but being so close to the product it's easy to get mad.

FAS has a ton of free beta testing with the community that helps drive product innovation and move the product forward. Lots of features came from this forum, dont forget that.

People on the fourm shouldnt be affraid to make a comment on something that is bugging them. You always see the comments start "i really love my axe, and cliff is god.... but......" just to make sure they dont get flamed to death. People need to lighten up.

Back your master back down to 3.00-3.50 to start and turn your amp block output level up to compensate. Your high gain 'sweetness' and impact will come back.

Hmmm I did not know this, for 4.01 I've been turning up the master to 5 and My Recto patches and Mark IV have been a little fizzy since going to 5.01.
I'll have to try and turn them down a bit tonight and see if it clears it up. for some reason the Recto models have been giving me fits :cry
I must say the JVM model in 5.01 is blowing my mind, with the right cab IR hooked up this thing sounds monstrous

I am Fractal User since 2008 (first the Ultra, since August 2012 the Axe-FX II)... I am always happy with my Fractal Units!
No bigger problems with the hardware and no problems with firmware!
Now I told my first problem here in the forum, with the Master settings (Factory Presets) on NonMaster-Volume Amps & the Clipping problem... and I am not the only one!

That's all... Peace! 8)

Hmmm I did not know this, for 4.01 I've been turning up the master to 5 and My Recto patches and Mark IV have been a little fizzy since going to 5.01.
I'll have to try and turn them down a bit tonight and see if it clears it up. for some reason the Recto models have been giving me fits :cry
I must say the JVM model in 5.01 is blowing my mind, with the right cab IR hooked up this thing sounds monstrous

What IR are you using with the JVM kmanick?

it's a GT-75 a user posted but I can't seem to find it on the forum today.
I'll post it up in this thread later this afternoon when I get home. It matches up really well with theJVM (I'll post my patch too)
Nick

OK I just did a real quick clip noodling around (My 9 year old is pulling at my leg to help her with her home work :) )
Sound clip patch and Cab IR
anyone want to fine tune it for me god bless ya!
2001 jackson SL2H-Mah JB

Patch
View attachment JVMT_GT75.syx
CAB IR
View attachment Marshall GT-75.syx

My global output gain level is set to -8.5 and this is how the patch is set and it still sounds like it's clipping

how low do I have to turn this stuff down to use USB to record???
AxeEditScreen.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the patch and IR.
Does the red output led light up? If not there shouldnt be any clipping.
Adjust the output level until the red output led never lights.

The Clip lights are not lighting up (not even close) that's what has me befuddled. I recorded something early on with my M-Audio interface and the levels (Obviously) were at my fingertips and the sound of the recording was much "cleaner and more open.
I seriously do not want to go back to that system either, this is much cleaner and easier to work with.

I am Fractal User since 2008 (first the Ultra, since August 2012 the Axe-FX II)... I am always happy with my Fractal Units!
No bigger problems with the hardware and no problems with firmware!
Now I told my first problem here in the forum, with the Master settings (Factory Presets) on NonMaster-Volume Amps & the Clipping problem... and I am not the only one!

That's all... Peace! 8)

Is the Clip LED coming on? If not, then it is not clipping. If you are hearing clipping than either the unit is defective or something else in your signal chain is clipping. If you feel the unit is defective, contact your dealer.

That is all...

Is the Clip LED coming on? If not, then it is not clipping. If you are hearing clipping than either the unit is defective or something else in your signal chain is clipping. If you feel the unit is defective, contact your dealer.

That is all...

Could it be clipping somewhere in the middle of the chain?

Cliff does the output clip led lights even if the level is to high somewhere in the middle of the blocks before the output?

Could it be clipping somewhere in the middle of the chain?

Cliff does the output clip led lights even if the level is to high somewhere in the middle of the blocks before the output?

If the clip LED is not lit, the unit is not clipping. That is all.

Allright. Thats settled then.

I never noticed this clipping they are talking about. I was just trying to help figure things out.

What I did notice was that the clean presets all sounded overdriven in the last Firmware, but thats probably due to the 5.0 banks were not properly matched to the gain-mv features in this firmware.

That is all...

Clip Led is not coming out! Hearing the clipping only if I play clean sound with NonMaster-Volume Amps (if I go to the mixing-board and if I put my headphones direct to the Axe-Headphone-Out) and can reduce this with Master at 7, but loose a lot of dynamics... Highgain-Amps are all o.k. for me! I'm always in contact with G66!

Clip Led is not coming out! Hearing the clipping only if I play clean sound with NonMaster-Volume Amps (if I go to the mixing-board and if I put my headphones direct to the Axe-Headphone-Out) and can reduce this with Master at 7, but loose a lot of dynamics... Highgain-Amps are all o.k. for me! I'm always in contact with G66!

Clipping or distoriton? The Non-MV amp presets can easily distort if you have high-output pickups, just as the real amp would. If that is the case, turn down the Drive, just as you would with a real amp.

If it's clipping, then you have an issue with your signal chain or a defective unit. If you believe the unit is defective, please contact your dealer.

Please refrain from spamming every thread with this. You have your answers, now you need to take action.

From the manual:
"The power amplifier stage emulates the type of distortion generated by a tube power amplifier and uses our proprietary G2 Modeling Technology™."

Since it was "all rewritten" are we now on G3 technology...? :p

Seriously...? ;)

Back
Top Bottom