Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 2.00 Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I flashed with the 2.0a firmware and it was successful. I then power cycled as recommended and everything was fine. I noticed that it seemed like I lost one of my presets with Axe edit (refresh was set to Axe) so I changed it to bank and loaded one from my hard drive (I did not save it to the Axe but it was still connected). When I changed a preset the Axe made a loud hissing noise and the screen was frozen so I unplugged the USB cable and power cycled and I get a blank screen. HELP!!! I'm a long time Ultra and now Axe II user and I've flashed before with USB. Is there a hard reset for the Axe II - dip switch that will reload the factory defaults maybe?

-Mike

two words for this update: seriously killer !

it's hi-fi yet gritty, it's got all the dynamics, the textures and overtones and foremost...feel.

cab size is a cool little gadget. kinda does what you'd expect it to sound. down-sizing a cab gives you that mini toy amp sound (without the need of a proper IR), and blowing up the speaker to a larger size makes it boomy as you'd expect. cool to have IMHO.

Triode Hardness is nice as well...kinda makes the sound more sizzling, a bit more explosive (or the other way around of course) if that makes any sense. and...one of my fav real world preamps, the X99 is back. what's there not to like :) !

I flashed with the 2.0a firmware and it was successful. I then power cycled as recommended and everything was fine. I noticed that it seemed like I lost one of my presets with Axe edit (refresh was set to Axe) so I changed it to bank and loaded one from my hard drive (I did not save it to the Axe but it was still connected). When I changed a preset the Axe made a loud hissing noise and the screen was frozen so I unplugged the USB cable and power cycled and I get a blank screen. HELP!!! I'm a long time Ultra and now Axe II user and I've flashed before with USB. Is there a hard reset for the Axe II - dip switch that will reload the factory defaults maybe?

-Mike

Reflash your firmware with the "B" revision (posted in the OP on this thread).

UPGRADE INSTRUCTIONS

Installed the new 2.0 upgrade using the Axe Edit software and the process went very smooth and very quick. Here's a little quick reference for those that may be new to the Axe FX. (If you already know what you're doing, don't read any further. It'll bore you. This is for noobies like me.) :?

1. Download the firmware upgrade file from here: Fractal Audio Systems Support (it's a zip file)

2. Unzip the zip file in a folder of your choice. i.e. 'My Documents>Fractal Axe FX>Firmware Upgrades'

3. Connect your Axe FX II to your computer via USB.

4. Launch the Axe Edit software and and confirm you are connected by looking in the top header bar of Axe Edit and that 'Axe Edit - Status:' shows 'Axe-FX: II' and an ID number. If not, choose 'Settings>Audio/Midi Settings' and from the 'MIDI' tab under the MIDI Input and Output drop-down menus, choose 'AXE-FX II MIDI Out' and 'AXE-FX MIDI In' respectively.

5. Next, back up your Axe FX by choosing 'Settings>Sync and Backup'. Now you're ready to install the firmware upgrade.

6. In Axe Edit, click 'Settings>Update Firmware'.

7. Navigate to the upgrade file in the folder where you unzipped it in step 2 above. Select the file titled 'axefx2_2p00b.syx' and click OK. You will be prompted to prepare the Axe FX for the file transfer. (Read the instructions)

8. From the front panel of the Axe FX II, select the 'Utility' button and use the 'Page' buttons to navigate to the 'Firmware' tab. Press the enter key of the front panel of the Axe FX.

9. Next, in Axe Edit, click 'Send' in the pop up window displayed in step 8 above.

10. Wait until the file transfer is complete. Do not interrupt the process. This should only take a couple minutes or so. Once the transfer is complete, click 'OK' in Axe Edit.

11. From the front panel of the Axe FX, press the 'Utility' button and navigate to the 'Reset' tab. Press 'Enter' to reset the system parameters. This resets certain parameters to factory default so if you made any changes to the I/O menu, such as 'Copy Output 1 to Output 2', you will need to reconfigure those settings.

12. Power off the Axe FX momentarily, and then power up again.

You're ready to rock!
All your presets should remain intact, ready for unrivaled entertainment.

If anyone spots any errors in these instructions, please post and I'll revise promptly.

Thanks,
Joe
Dude, THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My new Axe FX was shipped out yesterday and will be arriving today (NH to VT)... Wonder if my II will come with 2? Hehehe I can't wait!

>>>Reverted Output Level tapers to original taper.<<<<<<<<<

Any chance of reverting this back again? The previous taper worked much better for me>

Danny W.

>>>Reverted Output Level tapers to original taper.<<<<<<<<<

Any chance of reverting this back again? The previous taper worked much better for me>

Danny W.
How about an option in the global settings to allow for changing the taper like in the volume block? Either way, I prefer the original taper in 1.02 because it was much more usable... the 1.05 taper was super low and then "kicked in" really hard about 12-1 o'clock... definitely not usable... it was very similar to how my Vetta used to be back in the day...

Thanks Scott but I'm totally hosed here and can't even POST...I'm working with Fractal Support - kudos for the quick response guys! - tried booting with the recall button down and I just tried removing the battery...no dice so far... -Mike

I pee'd a little from the excitement. Thanks Cliff !!

LOL!

Yes, very exciting! I've yet to hear the II in any form but now that my II is on it's way I'm enjoying reading this stuff. Much more fun than the wait list thread!

I have instaled the newest 2.00b Firmware today.
My "plop" has become worse, so it plops two or three times when I turn the unit ON or OFF...
I have not tested it with the headphones

For me, the "ON-pop" has become much worse, the "OFF-pop" is much better.
Also, it took 18 minutes to update (USB + Axe-Edit). Is that normal?

Sometimes they go fast, sometimes they go slow on the II. I haven't figured out the rhyme or reason for it.

I'm just wondering why you guys are not power up/down sequencing correctly. A lot of equipment before a power amp will do this if the amp is on.
Power amps on last, off first. Shouldn't be an issue.
Am I missing something else discussed somewhere?

Can't wait to try 2.0

That seems strange. Each time I've updated the II it's been under 3 minutes total.

I'm just wondering why you guys are not power up/down sequencing correctly. A lot of equipment before a power amp will do this if the amp is on.
Power amps on last, off first. Shouldn't be an issue.
Am I missing something else discussed somewhere?

Can't wait to try 2.0

I normally do - I was just testing if the pop/click had gotten better. Just a small annoyance that I have to turn my monitors off/unplug headphones each time I turn the Axe-Fx on or off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom