Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 13.02 Released

Just got back from vacation and wanted to jump right in, so I haven't read through everything yet.

I run my cab block after my stereo effects, but want to run ultra res. I changed cab block to ultra res, loaded an ultra res IR (sounds killer by the way), but my stereo effects are now in mono. I selected "stereo" on the other tab in cab block (I forget the name of it). Anyways, still in mono. So, if I want to run Ultra res in stereo, does this mean I have to use 2 cab blocks?

Yes, I believe so. There's a new 'input source' parameter on the cab block for just this purpose. It's explained in the release notes I believe.

Reactions: sam
Confused: all my presets now default to cab ultra res, and use more cpu. should I turn all NON ultra res cabs back to normal?
should it sound different from 12.04 beta, ? It seems to, Im not happy right now, but that usually means some glitch somewhere. Seems more bassy.

WHAT DOES "Update All Presets" DO? should I do this? thanks for any help.

Yes, I believe so. There's a new 'input source' parameter on the cab block for just this purpose. It's explained in the release notes I believe.

Yeah, I added a 2nd cab block, changed inputs to Left (for Cab block 1) and Right (for Cab block 2) and now have stereo effects... But I wasn't sure if this was the only way to do it. Kinda sucks that now I have incorporate 2 cab blocks if I want ultra res and stereo effects (due to my desire to run stereo effects before the cab block b/c I also run real cabs in stereo).

Just messed around with the new bass amps a bit. Sounds great. FAS BASS sounds bad-ass. I'm very happy to have more bass options. I just upgraded from an Ibanez SR-705 to and EBMM StingRay 5 so the timing of this is awesome. I'm so stoked. I'm basically only playing bass these days re-recording old bass tracks. Really improving the sound of the songs. Thank you for this. Someone bring on the Ultra Res bass cabs...

How great is that FAS Bass - right? :encouragement:

Confused: all my presets now default to cab ultra res, and use more cpu. should I turn all NON ultra res cabs back to normal?
should it sound different from 12.04 beta, ? It seems to, Im not happy right now, but that usually means some glitch somewhere. Seems more bassy.

1. Study the screen. HiRes and UltraRes are the same mode of the Cab block.
2. To decrease CPU usage, switch the cab to Normal Res (previously called LoRes), or use an UltraRes IR (included in 13.x) in HiRes/UltraRes mode. It's explained in the release notes.
3. Tone is the same as in 12.04.
4. Update All Presets: preset files have revisions. For example, when a parameter is added, the revision is updated. "Update All Presets" updates all presets inside the Axe-Fx to the latest protocol, quickly loading and saving each preset. This also makes sure that Recall Effect will retract current parameter values. That's all it does.

Last edited:
wow this morning I just had the opportunity to crank the volume a bit and with ULtra Res there seems to be some kind of hard to explain clarity to the sound, loved it!

just purchased cab-lab, I'm pissed of that right now I can't afford the Ultra Res cab pack, I'll have to wait for ownhammers longer file releases

When I first updated to 13.02 nothing sounded right. I updated again and then did the "update all presets" and it sounds great now.

With presets exactly as they were before updating, I noticed that the new firmware seems to use about 1 or 2 CPU more. Also if you choose null for the mic in your cab block that increases the CPU by 2. I haven't tried the UltraRes cabs yet.

I got back from my unfortunately timed trip late yesterday evening, and now I'm finally getting to try out UltraRes. The UltraRes IR I picked, seems to have amazing note separation on the lower strings. Not sure if it's just placebo effect--12.04b was already out of this world. Gotta do some more noodling, and maybe find a way to compare the same IR at regular and UltraRes.....

I'm really liking how the ultrares cabs work with the reverb. I've found I'm increasing the mix a little more just because the tone seems 'clearer' to begin with. All my main presets are updated now with the new firmware and I'm itching for band practice to use them in anger and see how they sit in the mix.

Been away on holiday over the weekend and been eagerly following the updates. Had a chance to play with 13 a bit today and yep, it’s every bit as good as everyone said. I bought the Cab Pack #3 and loaded the UltraHigh Res cabs over my previous Ownhammer IR’s. Everything is clearer, more punch and just better. I did the “Update all presets” straight after updating so can’t really tell if it made any difference in my case, and everything sounds fantastic so far.

Thanks again Cliff and the FAS team for your relentless pursuit of perfection.

Where is the "update all presets" function. I am having a hard time finding it and I feel I have missed this step

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Axe Edit top of the page ... Botton Tool if I remember well ... I'm not in front of the Axe

Option to refresh block definition , preset and cabs

Where is the "update all presets" function. I am having a hard time finding it and I feel I have missed this step

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the front panel: Utility -> Presets -> Update all Presets <Enter>

You have to Nav Down to the bottom of the Presets page. IIRC, its the last entry on the Presets page.

See post #406 in this thread :)

Personally, I didn't understand that post:

"4. Update All Presets: preset files have revisions. For example, when a parameter is added, the revision is updated. "Update All Presets" updates all presets inside the Axe-Fx to the latest revision. This also makes sure that Recall Effect will retract current parameter values. That's all it does."

Cliff

We ALL appreciate your hard work and generosity that keeps Fractal Owners loyal and gives you your best referral source, US users that help you sell your product. We all benefit from your success by receiving consistent enhancements and technological advancements as you yourself uncover areas within your product to improve upon.

Hopefully, you become richer; both through the enthusiastic admiration and appreciation from you Fractal Fans, "Us Users", and from Bejamin Franklin, as you become richer and richer and your company continues to grow and thrive.

I am not as hard core as many guys on here. I barely know what the heck I'm doing and am using about 10% of the Axe's capabilities, but I still appreciate and admire the product, company, and loyal customers you've earned along the way.

A heart felt thank you is all I can offer.

Best of luck Cliff!

TEX!

Back
Top Bottom