Axe-Fx II Firmware Version 13.02 Released

FIRST: TNX FAS & Cliff... AxeFxII + your hard work = the guitarist's dream! :encouragement:
SECOND: for those who are begging about the UltraRes Cab Pack... FAS is a company... with a lot of R&D... and our HDD in a few months are full of FW upgrades... software upgrades... and a selection of UltraRes cabs... and all this stuff just for free!!!
There is an effective way to really say TNX to this great company: if you want the full UltraRes IRs collection... buy the pack... and shut the F**k up!!! :roll

People don't always understand the work and expense that goes into doing *anything* commercial - never an easy balance to strike between keeping people happy, doing the right thing and being able to afford to eat!

People don't always understand the work and expense that goes into doing *anything* commercial - never an easy balance to strike between keeping people happy, doing the right thing and being able to afford to eat!

You seem to overlook that Cliff is clearly in to what he does... he continues to make to better because he simply can't help it! He's a perfectionist and even beautifully afflicted by the thing... being able to pay the bills is just a bonus

I just wanted to say...thank you Cliff and the FAS team for all your hard work and attention to detail! This update is amazing...I usually play on the heavier side, but after this update and with the Ultra-res, I am really enjoying the cleaner amps and the 1x12's that we got with the firmware also. To me this has be one giant leap forward for the FAS team and the Axe FX. Thanks again!

I've got all the OH packs.
But I think I'll get the OH UltraRes from Fractal.
Just because they deserve it.
They've given so much for free...
And I'll probably get the XL
fook it
I might be dead soon so what the heck
You only live once and you have to support those that deserve it

Hi there FAS or any other expert in the matter: got myself the OH pack; but wondered if the older and beloved Redwirez packs I have from the are translatable to UR IR's and if this makes any sense ? So three questions arised :
1) Am a bit confused by how to approach the subject. For example; if I got a 96kHz 24bits IR file of about 20kByte, can I deduce from that that the IR is about 69ms long (duration = 20000x8/(96000x24)? or is this totally wrong ?
2) And if this is not wrong, is that quality good enough for creating an UR with cablab (if it can), or does one really need to have a 170ms long IR (ca 56kByte).
3) Anyway I can always use them for Axe II normal or hires IR's, I guess.
Just for my perusal....

Huge thanks to Cliff, M@, the Fractal Audio staff, and the Beta test team! This update is fantastic! The UltraRes IR's sound great (will be purchasing the UR pack for sure) and the new bass amps are a MUCH appreciated addition!!! The added features to Axe Edit are great too. Thanks to all involved for your time and efforts!!!

These updates just keep blowing me away.

I stopped at a music store yesterday to check out some guitars and demoed through a number of different amps which I used to lust over and put on my wish list. At some point over the last year or so I've stopped lusting over those amps.....it's so crazy to me to know that I've already got the tones I used to dream of at my home in this amazing box. Now I can just concentrate my energy on lusting over new guitars :)

Up until this point there have been so many good IRs in the AXE FX and free third party samples given away I've never felt the need to purchase as there is still lots of room to explore what I already have. Firmware 13 and the included Ultra Res IRs changed that for me. It was a no brainier to purchase the OH pack offered through Fractal. There is SO much goodness in there I really don't even know where to start. I feel my $100 bought me more options then I'll ever possibly explore, with the convenience of already being converted.

Thanks so much to Cliff. A truly remarkable business model that I feel I'm benefiting from over and over again. The recent firmware upgrades have been so good, paying a nominal fee like for cab lab would be a no-brainer for me if it was set up that way. I hope the purchase of the cab pack just helps Fractal stay successful and continue what they are doing.

This firmware update 13 is incredible. I didnt think it possible but it has increased the "body and mass" of my presets with the newest cabs. I had several complements on my tones last night on Bourbon Street. Trey Anastasio played at House Of Blues last night and after the show there were quite a few guitarists checking out my rig.
Thank you Cliff for your continued dedication to your creation. You have gone way beyond what anyone should expect from a product in terms of firmware updates and support and I am doing my part in getting guitarists to see and hear the axe fx 2 that have only read about it or seen it on Youtube.
I have one request regarding the Axe FX 2. NOTHING!! The AXE is perfect. Take a vacation. :)

Curious, and hopefully I'm not asking a repeat question, but if someone doesn't use the normal IRs in stereo mode, wouldn't it make sense to run all of the existing "short length" IRs through the utility to convert them to UltraRes? Not for any sonic difference since the extra data isn't there. Just thinking it would save some CPU usage across the board, since the new UltraRes format also helps in this manner. Is there something I'm missing?

Once you get past the initial Wow Factor of FW 13 and UltraRes with your existing presets …get ready to really have some fun.

Start tweaking the amp, tube, speaker and tone parameters following the good guidance you were given in Cliff Notes and elsewhere.

FW 13 and UltraRes makes the Axe FX II so transparent and responsive that you really can create and recreate your own voice over and over again.

Thanks to everyone at FAS and Ownhammer for making 2014 the best so far for Fractalites everywhere! :)

Once you get past the initial Wow Factor of FW 13 and UltraRes with your existing presets …get ready to really have some fun.

Start tweaking the amp, tube, speaker and tone parameters following the good guidance you were given in Cliff Notes and elsewhere.

FW 13 and UltraRes makes the Axe FX II so transparent and responsive that you really can create and recreate your own voice over and over again.

Thanks to everyone at FAS and Ownhammer for making 2014 the best so far for Fractalites everywhere! :)
@ smcrosby - I see that you are a bass guy also - I see that you have a kick butt Mesa Bass Rig as well - So,.... Your thoughts on the new Mesa Bass Amp Block??

To paraphrase Eddie Murphy, "(Cliff) is a musical genius!" I have always been hesitant about updating Firmware secondary to some latent adolescent fear that I will "mess up something good." Moreover, there are other members of the Forum who obviously harbor similar fears/concerns. In regard to "13", I strongly suggest that you leave those silly fears behind and upgrade immediately. All of my "special" patches just received a shot of electronic smack. I am flying and I never want to go home. This is ground control to...(thank you Cliff and team for this gift and wonderful ride).

Such a blow away item,pretty much speechless,#1 desert island piece w/ elec guit etc...

Thanks much Fractal Audio,gonna grind that Axe Fx a long time.

@ smcrosby - I see that you are a bass guy also - I see that you have a kick butt Mesa Bass Rig as well - So,.... Your thoughts on the new Mesa Bass Amp Block??

Lovin it! :lol Especially the 400 2 - just great, but they are all great IMHO :)

Of course, I'm still GAS'in for the Aguilar, Hartke and Mark bass models in the future.

But, I definitely have my guitar GAS more than satisfied with FW13 and UltraRes at the moment.

Lotta woodshedding coming up! :lol

Just got back from vacation and wanted to jump right in, so I haven't read through everything yet.

I run my cab block after my stereo effects, but want to run ultra res. I changed cab block to ultra res, loaded an ultra res IR (sounds killer by the way), but my stereo effects are now in mono. I selected "stereo" on the other tab in cab block (I forget the name of it). Anyways, still in mono. So, if I want to run Ultra res in stereo, does this mean I have to use 2 cab blocks?

Back
Top Bottom