Axe-Fx II Firmware 9 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not bothered, I won't have time to play til Tuesday and I hate new firmware being out when I'm too busy to play with it.

That said, I never really cared about firmwares before this thread. You lot have made me anxious for FW9.0 haha

A little birdie told me that when we reach 100 pages before Christmas, we can expect a present with FW9 and AE under the tree... :lol

On a serious note: I'm amazed how quick this topic grew!

For some reason, I assume the same reason as with everybody else, I have this feeling that it's any minute now.

This whole thing has been a textbook case of how NOT to manage users' expectations. IMHO, FAS would have been much better off had they not said anything at all about possible timing. One day, new AE would have just dropped and we'd all have been pleasantly surprised. Instead, FAS positioned itself so that users expect updates on progress and ETAs. Those are are hardly ever forthcoming, along with the vagueness of the "soon" estimate, and so you have people checking the board multiple times a day in the off-chance that this might finally be the day, and, frankly a lot of unnecessary bad will being generated with FAS and some of its users and between board members who are squabbling over this. Whether or not you agree with some of the impatience around here, the fact is that it's human nature that there will be moaning and groaning when expectations are raised and then disappointed for weeks on end, even for a free software update. It's all very silly and avoidable.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda. I am pretty sure they have learned a lot from it. Let's give them a break. They want you to be happy and work their ass off, while us ...

Last edited:
This whole thing has been a textbook case of how NOT to manage users' expectations. IMHO, FAS would have been much better off had they not said anything at all about possible timing. One day, new AE would have just dropped and we'd all have been pleasantly surprised. Instead, FAS positioned itself so that users expect updates on progress and ETAs. Those are are hardly ever forthcoming, along with the vagueness of the "soon" estimate, and so you have people checking the board multiple times a day in the off-chance that this might finally be the day, and, frankly a lot of unnecessary bad will being generated with FAS and some of its users and between board members who are squabbling over this. Whether or not you agree with some of the impatience around here, the fact is that it's human nature that there will be moaning and groaning when expectations are raised and then disappointed for weeks on end, even for a free software update. It's all very silly and avoidable.
this is exactly what i was getting at a couple pages back, except you said it much better.

We aren't the average consumer, we're members of a niche as it is, further from that those participating here are not only the owners and users of Axe FX 2 who've gone far enough to sign up to the forum, but most have post count in 3 figures suggesting they're particularly active in said forum. A small group of a small group. Not really a marketing crisis, more like a friendly community.

I like knowing roughly where the update process is at, even if it makes the anticipation harder to take.

I'm hardly surprised this update is taking longer than anticipated. It sounds like the most substantial one yet, and gets even bigger by being co-released with the next Axe Edit. Personally, I'm glad we got the public beta and could easily live with that as the final release (so long as there was a working AE to go along with it).

No beef. Just anticipation. If the Axe FX is the only thing you have in your life, then you made a mistake somewhere along the line. Now back to Black Ops II~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom