Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.11 Released

Wow, I miss a few days, and we go from 18.08 to 18.11. Cool

Also, amazingly, my Axe-FX didn't blow up, or stop working, or anything because I didn't instantly update.

Stop complaining, if you want to wait for new features till a major update, then have at it, it's totally OK to do so.

Similarly, my unit hasn't blown up because I DID update.

All this proves is no matter what you do, someone will complain about it. I'm sure Cliff has figured this out long ago & he will continue to do what he feels is right. All I can say is my Axe sounds #_R%)+_)@#&^$^^()(@ great!!

Oh, cut the bleeding heart crap will ya? We've all got our switches, lights, and knobs to deal with, Striker. I mean, down here there are literally hundreds and thousands of blinking, beeping, and flashing lights, blinking, beeping and flashing - they're flashing and they're beeping. I can't stand it anymore! They're blinking and beeping and flashing! Why doesn't somebody pull the plug? -Buck Murdock-

I teach at a popular music store that sells many of the amps in the Axe-Fx and I'm constantly braging on how cool this product is, and who's using it, and the constant upgrades available for free. Many thanks for a product that never grows old.

Just updated from v13.xx to 18.11. Do I need to update the MFC too or will it work just fine? I know the v3.xx MFC firmware makes you reset all your IA's and I don't want to go through that hassle.

18.08 to now, brighter louder?

Not really, at least not that I noticed. I level presets after every update, and nothing moved in my patches. I've got 14 or so patches, and use at least 6 or 7 different amps all with different settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, here's my thought about the "patch+cab" option, as always in my poor and ridicolous english:
if one want to breack the copyright sharing a commercial IR can do it even without the "patch+cab" utility.
So the utility is only what the word say: just an utility for personal use!
What if I was in the Cliff brain? Ok:
patch+cab save in one file the patch and only all the cab setting (cab location # included) WITHOUT the IR itself that is supposed be resident inside the box!
What more?
Ok... ya know: a patch converter utility (AxeII/XL/XL+) in Axe Edit!!!!

The purpose of the new dump type is this:
There are IR producers who are working on "bundles". These bundles are IRs and accompanying presets. You load the bundled preset and IR together. To do this you open the file with Axe-Edit which loads the preset and the included IRs. The included IRs are initially loaded into the scratchpad locations. You audition the preset. If you like it you can save it. When you save it Axe-Edit will prompt you where to save the preset AND where to save the included IRs.

Cliff, thank you for a clear and concise explanation that had all of us stuck in the "LOOPER" block.. No further questions!

Just updated from v13.xx to 18.11. Do I need to update the MFC too or will it work just fine? I know the v3.xx MFC firmware makes you reset all your IA's and I don't want to go through that hassle.

You don't have to update the mfc - I haven't done it for over 2 years now and evereything works fine. It took me ages to do an update ones with a midi cable. It was just a big problem for me. Shame doesn't work with Fractal Bot - that would be OK. But than I think I would have to do all settings again on the mfc?

I´ve played two gigs with 18.10 and some sounds - especially heavy - Savage for example - have blown me away.

This Firmware feels like the Sag Parameter has been increased a lot at many amps?

Less Low end, but a more open, more sensitive Sound?

You don't have to update the mfc - I haven't done it for over 2 years now and evereything works fine. It took me ages to do an update ones with a midi cable. It was just a big problem for me. Shame doesn't work with Fractal Bot - that would be OK. But than I think I would have to do all settings again on the mfc?

Well, who'da thunk?!?!?

It just goes to show - no one HAS to upgrade - your tone sounds great, Black Bitch!

Me, on the other hand - I have to pull the lever, I'm a born lever-puller. I held off a bit on some of the major betas, but other than that I've always got to see if it got bigger, better, faster, stronger, longer, or louder. Got to do the updates, so I'll "know". I don't think I've ever gone back to a previous FW version, although there have been a couple that I thought maybe sounded better before. I tweaked a bit, and they got to where they needed to be, for my uses. And by the next FW release, Cliff & team usually had that anomaly back into it's proper place, and the world was new again.

Back
Top Bottom