Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.04 Public Beta

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
This is a minor update over 18.03. The most significant change is the addition of the "Preamp Tube Type" parameter. There are three settings: Modern, Vintage and Test. Modern is the model used in 18.03. Vintage is the model used in 17.xx. Test is a new algorithm I've been working on that models cutoff behavior more accurately. This parameter is ONLY available from the front panel at this time.

There is also a new 5153 50W Blue amp model.

Mark I/II:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/beta/axefx2_18p04beta.syx

XL:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/beta/axefx2_xl_18p04beta.syx

XL+:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/beta/axefx2_xlplus_18p04beta.syx

This is a minor update over 18.03. The most significant change is the addition of the "Preamp Tube Type" parameter. There are three settings: Modern, Vintage and Test. Modern is the model used in 18.03. Vintage is the model used in 17.xx. Test is a new algorithm I've been working on that models cutoff behavior more accurately. This parameter is ONLY available from the front panel at this time.

There is also a new 5153 50W Blue amp model.

Mark I/II:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/beta/axefx2_18p04beta.syx

XL:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/beta/axefx2_xl_18p04beta.syx

XL+:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/beta/axefx2_xlplus_18p04beta.syx

Ok, quick question. Tell me if I'm hearing this right, but does Test kind of remind you of how an AC-30's response would be? A little more "jangle" if you will?? I like it!

i've posted my notes at my site: 18.04 Public Beta Announced! - Axe-Fx II | AxeFxTutorials.com

in short, the new Preamp Tube Type is found in the Adv page of the Amp block on the Front Panel only for now:

Mqo4cbPl.jpg

one of the coolest things i think is in older firmware versions, there was a way to select the Modeling Version – you could select the current FW like 11, or older like 10, 9, etc. But that was a setting in the Global menu, so the selection affected every amp.

With this control in the Amp block, you can choose a Modern type for some amps and Vintage for others. Mix and match among amps in the same Preset or change them however you want. For now, we can even choose the X state of an amp with Modern and the Y state of the same amp with the exact same settings, only changing it to the Vintage Preamp Tube type. This way you can easily hear the difference between the 2.

Great thinking, Cliff.

Back
Top Bottom