Axe-Fx II Firmware 18.01 Released

No, just checked that. Any type of reboot, etc. I can do without losing presets?

I don't remember ever reading about a reboot sequence ,other than system reset . The only thing I've heard of if you have an XL is the emergency boot by holding down page left and page right while restarting ,but I think that is for eprom problems , don't know if that would pertain to your situation ?

I really think the JVM models rocks!! I set the gain really low, especially on the red channel 2, there is an insane amount of gain on those models, just like the real thing.

I noticed the same. These models are recognizably better than they were. In fact, they're better than the real thing. Not near as noisy, and the intelligent gate takes care of the noise on the front end. Insane amount of gain, but it cleans up with the guitar volume.

I've been a sucker for the real JVM a few times now. 410H, 215C, 410HJS. I'd love to get one again just to have one, but the real amps can be almost unusable unless they're modded to get rid of the squealing feedback, hum, and hiss. Not the HJS, that one's good. But it doesn't sound like the standard 410H with its raging gain.

Reactions: trb
I don't remember ever reading about a reboot sequence ,other than system reset . The only thing I've heard of if you have an XL is the emergency boot by holding down page left and page right while restarting ,but I think that is for eprom problems , don't know if that would pertain to your situation ?

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure if I can do that with the II but possibly.

Man this sucks. Best firmware update ever and I can't do a dang thing. I put in a support ticket so hopefully someone will get back with me soon and I can move on. :)

INSPIRING - I don't normally gush about firmware's they've all been good since I've started this trek , more incremental than earth shattering but this one OH BOY
Ex. someone mentioned a CCV amp this morning - I say what the hecks a CCV look on the Wiki oh a Cameron , huh ok give it a shot OH Yeah this sounds good / oh ok this sounds great . So I write a song and it touches me in that spot you know that thing when you make music and it touches your HEART ! Well there it is, that's what this is all about. You can officially call me a Fanboi well too old to be a Boi so FANMAN I am - a VERYBADFANMAN - INSPIRING :eagerness:

That's awesome. Congrats on the new song!

Karl when I had a JVM410H I used a decimator pedal in front of the amp and a gmajor in the loop using the gate and that kept the beast controlled.

I noticed the same. These models are recognizably better than they were. In fact, they're better than the real thing. Not near as noisy, and the intelligent gate takes care of the noise on the front end. Insane amount of gain, but it cleans up with the guitar volume.

I've been a sucker for the real JVM a few times now. 410H, 215C, 410HJS. I'd love to get one again just to have one, but the real amps can be almost unusable unless they're modded to get rid of the squealing feedback, hum, and hiss. Not the HJS, that one's good. But it doesn't sound like the standard 410H with its raging gain.

I used a JVM410h for years, best amp I ever owned, and I've owned alot.
It was noisy yes on the higher gain, but that's only because it had a ridiculous amount of gain which doesn't need to be used.
The noise gate in my rocktron fx unit was fine at keeping the noise levels respectable on it.
After playing my fingers red on the cameron last night I switched to the JVM OD1 orange (which has more than enough gain btw) and it was glorious, sustain for days, with clarity, I love it.

*UPDATE* - Ok, my sound is coming thru great via headphones but nothing via USB to my computer (only clean sound, effects off). Figured I would add that tidbit in case someone can figure out what is going on. Thanks! - RR

*UPDATE* - Ok, my sound is coming thru great via headphones but nothing via USB to my computer (only clean sound, effects off). Figured I would add that tidbit in case someone can figure out what is going on. Thanks! - RR

Make sure USB/DIGI Out Source is set to Output 1. It's probably set to Input.

When I updated I reset the system parameters. When I went back in the I/O menu the USB/Digital out was set to Input. I changed it back to output 2 and all was well.

Sent from Moto X

dang, i wish you said you were monitoring through USB like 20 posts ago :)

Thank you Cliff and FAS for yet another great firmware upgrade (the best one to date IMO), for the new factory UR cab IR's), and for the updates to AxeEdit, FractalBot!

I have now completely lost 2 days to FW18. They are just gone. I just can't stop strumming chords just to listen to how deep, rich, and textured FW18 sounds. There are so many things going on in FW18 that just weren't there at all in FW17. It's actually inspired me to play with settings I had never bothered with before, because they messed with the sweet spots. I toggled through tone-stacks, played with bright caps, and even messed with the input trim, and I absolutely love the new crunch, and sat drive controls. Dialing in a good tone is now just about as easy as default settings, however dialing in a GREAT tone can be as easy as a minor tweak all the way to a rabbit hole that leads to an awesome day (or two) of tweaking. For the first time I'm using hybrid amps with different tone stacks, and tube combinations in my main patches. I don't say this very often, but this is one of the best updates Cliff has done for the amps. Now if I could just get a Micro-Synth block, I'd have everything I need.

Back
Top Bottom