Axe fx II DI clipping, distortion

Ironwill

Experienced
Hey, started recording my DI's through AES/ebu from the Axe fx II, I noticed some little clipping, distortion when playing very hard riffs in the strings, I already checked my levels, Axe Input and recoding level, all fine and definitely not in the area of the Red and digital clipping. It s more low distortion to my ears actually.

Now I thought about it again, Iam not at my homestudio just so i can't try things straight but do you think it could be my active Emg 81 pickups, maybe they are set to high to my strings still? How's it at your guitar DI's or is it not bad at all?

Would be neat to hear from you, thx!

Last edited:
Hey, started recording my DI's through AES/ebu from the Axe fx II, I noticed some little clipping, distortion when playing very hard riffs in the strings, I already checked my levels, Axe Input and recoding level, all fine and definitely not in the area of the Red and digital clipping. It s more low distortion to my ears actually.

Now I thought about it again, Iam not at my homestudio just so i can't try things straight but do you think it could be my active Emg 81 pickups, maybe they are set to high to my strings still? How's it at your guitar DI's or is it not bad at all?

Would be neat to hear from you, thx!

Amp fizz? Very noticeable if using headphones.

Amp fizz? Very noticeable if using headphones.

sorry for highjacking the thread, but would love to understand this more.
This is my first modeler, so i'm not super familiar with fizz.

I had my XL outputting via my Mark V fx loop to use the mark v power amp and cab speaker. I was also monitoring via headphones, and noticed i suppose what you might be calling fizz in the headphones, but not in the amp output. I was using one of yek's recto presets. I actually thought the mark v power amp and cabinet made the tone less rich fwiw.

Back
Top Bottom