Axe FX II & Delays

Hi!

Just got my AXE FX 2 XL+ this week and have been experimenting with different delays to get suitable sound for my lead tones. I am trying to achieve this big stereo ping pongy sound where I would have one 350ms delay with two repeats in front fattening my main sound and second 750ms delay with longer feedback on the background to create this ambient feel.

I found out that the ping pong delay is the only stereo delay, where the delays do not come simultaneously from left and right channels. However, with the ping pong delay the first repeat seems to come always from the left channel first. Is there a way that I could somehow randomize the occurance of the first repeat stereowise?

B.R
Last edited:
Play around with the ratio in the various delay types. Set to 50% on dual delay, this will also split the delay in the way you descibe. Wether you are able to to randomize which side the delay comes in first I don't know. I would think it maybe possible with one of the ENV modifiers, but I have never played much with those, so have no idea.

In the song in my signature, the riff is a basic pattern, where each struck note is repeated once in each side, and this is done with setting ratio at 50% (let me know if this works for you, as I am not at home, and might have done something more to achieve this which I have forgotten since ;) )

You can use two mono delays set the first delay to 750 and the second delay to 350. On the second delay attach an LFO modifier to the balance knob. If you want the 750 ms delay to ping pong as well attach a modifier to its balance control as well.

Last edited:
Use the dual delay with no cross feedback. Set delay 1 to 350 and pan centre with the amount of feedback you want. Set delay 2 to 750 and attach a modifier to the pan control. If you want the 750 to ping pong then use the quad series in the multidelay block. I'll make you a block in a few minutes if you're not sure how to do it

ok, here's a patch, just save the one you like best to your block library and recall it into your preset. 350 and 750 doesn't really work very well, as 750 isn't a multiple of 350 and it sounds cluttered. 350 and 700 is better, but you can change it if you want

there are other ways to do it using two delay blocks, but that's up to you

Attachments

• two delays.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom