Axe fx II dead while installing fw11 (solved)

For safety, maybe we should always consider putting the Axe on a factory preset while starting firmware update process ?

As with all things electronic, no matter the level of QC, probability laws dictate there will be a percentage of failed components sourced from 3rd parties. It's very possible that the EEPROM's passed QC "muster", but were marginal anyway. Same logic applies to those folks with the power supply issues.

I have lost count of the number of firmware flashes (upgrades/downgrades) I have done on my Axe-II - one of the joys of being a Beta tester. I have one of the first production Axe-2 models - one with the "fat" rubber knobs. It has had EVERY Beta firmware Cliff has sent out loaded on it - including the many we tested prior to the Axe-II going live with v1.0. It has also had every production firmware release installed also. I have not had one single issue with firmware loads. Not one.

Basically, the larger the number of Axe2's out there, the greater the reported failure rate will be - and where does one report those? Yep.. the forum. While they do happen, I'd wager there are far more units that have no problems at all. Posters generally don't post on a forum that their firmware upgrade was successful. Besides, FAS is known to respond to these types of problems very quickly.

Why did you go to 11.02, since 11.03 was up late yesterday?

UG, didn't see it! I guess I get to try another FractalBot update and see if i brick it again!!! ;)

---

slight pause, deep breath... Success! unit reporting 11.03 in AxeEdit.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom