AXE FX II Country Style!

great playing and tone! Awesome job.

I fucking love it! Gimmie this over Numetal, tech prog and all of that anyday! You rule!!! Please keep posting clips. Kickarse.

Put a BIG smile on my face brawza!...your hard work is an inspiration to all of us!
Question. Have you played a "B Bender" tele. yet? Saw a Doug Seven vid.of him playing one of those.
Like a prev. poster...you really inspired me to get my right hand fully involved...somehow.
Nice add to the popular shred stuff on the forum.
Thanks for the patch too!..very useful for the country material I need to cover.
Peace!

Gee, thanks and cheers! Yes, I have a B-bender (hip shot Will Ray version) awkward to play unless you are standing up.

Amazing...nice picking and feel - made my think on Vince Gill and Albert Lee...just greatplaying....
Muchos gracias!

Digging those chops man , I do love some country , and Jazz , and Blues , and Rock , and Metal etc ect and as a Multi-genre-est the axefx is perfect for doing many styles.

IMHO as a " Musician " it is important to learn from all different styles and sources .
I'd love to learn some more country licks , that hybrid picking stuff is great .

My apologies. Words are clumsy. I appreciate all music (I am a former bassist ultra prog rock /Zappa/ Crimson/ Rush/ Brand X etc. in my youth)
I just find the majority of players who post in this forum play 'heavier' or blues based stuff. Cool to see country tones are appreciated. Grateful and surprised for the awesome response! Cheers

Great stuff man, I play in a country band as well....although we cover everything from Dwight Yoakam and Johnny Cash to the newer/rockier stuff like Aldean, Jake Owen, Urban, Dierks, etc.

if you're bored I have some of my tones on soundcloud if you click on the link below. probably dirtier than you prefer, but they cover a lot of ground and really translate well live.

look forward to hearing more of your stuff....

Great stuff brotha! Brad Paisley's playing and TONE are way good! I am always looking for some tone like this, and great playing too!!! I will try your pre set here in a moment.
Dial in a Paisley with some grit for us!!!! Of course with a rippn solo and track as in the OP!

Great stuff brotha! Brad Paisley's playing and TONE are way good! I am always looking for some tone like this, and great playing too!!! I will try your pre set here in a moment.
Dial in a Paisley with some grit for us!!!! Of course with a rippn solo and track as in the OP!

check my souncloud, some gritty tele tones on there.

Once again, thanks for the good words.

Great stuff man, I play in a country band as well....although we cover everything from Dwight Yoakam and Johnny Cash to the newer/rockier stuff like Aldean, Jake Owen, Urban, Dierks, etc.

if you're bored I have some of my tones on soundcloud if you click on the link below. probably dirtier than you prefer, but they cover a lot of ground and really translate well live.

look forward to hearing more of your stuff....

Thanks. I am a big fan of my creating and playing my own tones. I don't do well with anybody else's patches. This was ONE example.. One. ;) I have many guitars, many tonal requirements for studio work etc.. I would be interested to hear your stuff if you posted a thread on this forum. Have at it. It helps round out the group.

f'n cool man.....great playing! thanks for posting that....
Cheers.

Sure, more to come. It is actually harder to play clean IMO. This tune was a 'clean classic tone tune'.

Very cool,
I would like to learn to play a bit of that style when i grow up.
Ooops, where do the years go?

Closing in on 50...fast!...I really understand! Its an easy style once you get the basics under foot! I was a late bloomer also with this style.

Cheers.

Once again, thanks for the good words.

Thanks. I am a big fan of my creating and playing my own tones. I don't do well with anybody else's patches. This was ONE example.. One. ;) I have many guitars, many tonal requirements for studio work etc.. I would be interested to hear your stuff if you posted a thread on this forum. Have at it. It helps round out the group.

Cheers.

oh i know, i wasn't mentioning it for you to necessarily try them, just so you could hear what another player of a similiar style was doing/using, that's all. i've tried very few patches made by others that I can just plug and play.

Wow! Great playing! Love it
Many thanks!

Loved it !!
Cheers!

Now we're talking!! Fantastic!! More please!!
Thank you!

oh i know, i wasn't mentioning it for you to necessarily try them, just so you could hear what another player of a similiar style was doing/using, that's all. i've tried very few patches made by others that I can just plug and play.

Hey, tones sound great. I checked them out. Very modern and 'now'. You need to post them here on the board, post a clip, a vid or something. It really helps round out the feel of this great box. I am a bit older than you (by 20+ years I would guess!) So I may stick with a bit more 'old school' tones. Cheers.

Excellent playing, thanks for sharing it with us. It is great to hear the Axe in a different setting than the usual rock tones. I wouldn't say I am a 'country' player as such but I do find myself using more cleaner tones these days and less of the gainy stuff.

Killer stuff! Great tone and amazing chops. When I first heard of the Axe 99.9% of clips were shred or effects heavy. If there would have been more clips like yours I would have bought sooner!
It is good to see more varied styles represented on the Axe these days.

yeee haa:encouragement:
Cheers!

well done!, you are a great guitar player!!! i have nothing but total admiration for country guitar players!
That is how I feel about the 'van-haleners' ! HA! Total admiration. I wish I could do that style! It just doesn't 'work' with my hands!

Real nice pickin there-Liked it a bunch-Thanks
Thank you!

Excellent playing, thanks for sharing it with us. It is great to hear the Axe in a different setting than the usual rock tones. I wouldn't say I am a 'country' player as such but I do find myself using more cleaner tones these days and less of the gainy stuff.
Cheers!!

Man.. I really can`t play country.. I enjoyed this a lot. Cool chops and really cool tones from you here. More please!

Thanks for sharing the patch Mr Countryman ;)
My pleasure, thank you for the good words! Appreciated!

Killer stuff! Great tone and amazing chops. When I first heard of the Axe 99.9% of clips were shred or effects heavy. If there would have been more clips like yours I would have bought sooner!
It is good to see more varied styles represented on the Axe these days.

Understood! I look forward to more. More basic 'present' upfront clean tones. I would love to see more of this on the board! (Though I do love good crunch tones)

Back
Top Bottom