Axe Fx General Discussion huh...

Refried Bean

I want one so bad that I would look the other way if a man stole candy from a baby.

It sucks being a college student with no money. :(

...Enough sadness

This seems like a great forum. Everyone is so informative. I will be enjoying my stay here. :) .

Sorry for the random post. Just felt like saying something about how much I desire this product of epic proportions. The Axe Fx is definitely the Chuck Norris of all "modeling" pieces.

n00b question #1 that could probably be answered with search button: Is there any significant sonic difference between the Standard and Ultra model? Most of what I've heard about the differences are things like effects and multiband compressors, but I'm not super interested in that (unless it really makes the Ultra unit sound so much better). If I got a Axe Fx, I'd probably use it for DI recording and save up a rack for live performance.

Anyway thanks for looking, I'm late for class. Been gawking over this thing and watching youtube clips for too long.

:D

The amp and cabs and the bulk of the effects in the Ultra sound the exact same as the standard, the main differences are the extra effects and the abilty to run more effect blocks. I have a standard and am completely happy with it, a lot of Ultra folks love the extra goodies like the multi-band compressor.

Refried Bean said:
... The Axe Fx is definitely the Chuck Norris of all "modeling" pieces.
:shock:
Well said! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good luck to you! You can do it. Believe me. You will find a way ... ;)

Micha

I remember what this was like, I feel for you. I was on the waiting list for months and months but when the time came I had bought other gear and had no money :(

Ended up going the ebay route a few months later.

Look out for some second hand ones for sale. That's how I got mine. I worked heaps in highschool and now I'm in uni and enjoying the luxury of owning an Ultra. It can be done!

porieux said:
You guys have way too much respect for Chuck Norris :lol:

:mrgreen:

I've always thought of the Axe as the Bruce Lee of processors.

You know...

...if he had lived to invent an amazing processor.

Duhard.gif

Good luck on your quest.

[subliminal message] student loan??? [/subliminal message]

randocaster said:
porieux said:
You guys have way too much respect for Chuck Norris :lol:

[subliminal message] student loan??? [/subliminal message]

Don't joke when I was in film school this really typical surfer-esque guy from santa cruz... I think. Anyway, he points to his G5 tower and goes... see that... this mixer... (ect ect) dropped a bunch of classes and used the refund to buy this stuff. Thanks student loans.

However I don't recommend this at all!

Back
Top Bottom