AXE Fx for Marshalls any good?

I have been listening to lots of clips lately looking out for Marshall models on the AXE FX since it is what i am mostly interested in.

JCM800s and PLEXIs

I haven't been really able to find some clips of the 800 model that really excel. The plexi models where good but not really nailing it for me.

Any 800 clips perhaps that do it? It always seems to me as if the real amp always sounds better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z9c-qc3AII

check out this guy on this video with the jcm800 and the AXE fx. None of his AXE clips sound as good as the Marshall.

Does the eleven rack do the Marshall thing better (incl dynamics) or is it just my wrong impression?

I think anywhere on this forum is the wrong place to ask if the Eleven Rack does something better. ;)

pureanalog said:
ooops... I posted this in the wrong part of the forum... Could somebody move this please?

Well that guy is using effects on just about all of his tones and his guitar is out of tune. Anyways this all depends a lot on the guitar. A PRS sounds good even out of tune and through a Marshall. I've tried the Eleven Rack and my honest opinion is that the only advantage is the rotary knobs. The amp sims are just about the same quality as the Axe-Fx but the presence control sounded very digital on the Eleven Rack and I'm sure there won't be updates on that thing like in the Axe-Fx.

My suggestion would be to try out those other amp sims which are based on Marshalls. Bogner XTC, Marsha etc. I'm not 100% sure what "Marshall tone" is but I think of Slash's tone as the classic Marshall tone and that's pretty easy to accomplish. You just need to find the right CAB. Try Scott's settings... you can find them with the search tool.

I say the Eleven Rack is a way better choice for him if i read all his post so far ;)

GaryRichie said:
I think anywhere on this forum is the wrong place to ask if the Eleven Rack does something better. ;)

pureanalog said:
ooops... I posted this in the wrong part of the forum... Could somebody move this please?

Could some kind member point out for me some GREAT JCM800 clips ? Slash, Steve Stevens type of rock tone. That's what I have been having a hard time to find and like too much!

Check out some Marsha BE and Marsha HBE clips. Best digital Marshall tones I've ever heard. I've replaced all my high gain plexi presets with the Marsha as of version 10. I still use the plexi for crunchy hendrix stuff though.

any hints for clips anyone?

is the marsha cascaded gain type of amp? or plexi type? I was reffering clips of the first variety (jcm800 style, slash style).

Why did they choose to model a rather unknown amp rather than some other Marshall or boutique plexi type amp?

pureanalog said:
any hints for clips anyone?

A starting point: search the recordings forum for marshall, plexi, or marsha in the post title. I tried to insert the search as a link, but the forum software blows up on the forum id. I think it's the brackets.

http://www.fractalaudio.com/forum/s...t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

is the marsha cascaded gain type of amp? or plexi type? I was reffering clips of the first variety (jcm800 style, slash style).

Dave explains: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWDPiRABvRs

....(holy forum slowness, batman! It took about five minutes for the forum to come back from editing this.)

Back
Top Bottom