Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you posted some samples using the same dry guitar track played through the same preset on each firmware version, that would be an awesome place to start.
Agreed. I was definitely thinking about that, but don't have that capability working yet. I haven't successfully been able to feed a DI from mac laptop via USB (e.g. with Audacity).

Last edited:
Agreed. I was definitely thinking about that, but don't have that capability working yet. I haven't successfully been able to feed a DI from mac laptop via USB (e.g. with Audacity).

Oh Man, Makes you wish a loop in the looper could survive a firmware change! Maybe with Reaper or you could do it; that's what I use on Windows, and you can use Reaper free for a while. Maybe a forum member is using Audacity on a Mac too though, and they could find a way for you.

Post the presets without audio. I'm sure someone else is willing to whack their strings hard in your honor to see what they hear.

I primarily use a Mac with Reaper or GarageBand for recording… I had issues with DI and re-amping with this setup. It turns out, you cannot change/assign outs on a Mac unless you are running Logic Pro (at least on my Mac). I also have a PC/Reaper and have no issues whatsoever.

It turns out, you cannot change/assign outs on a Mac unless you are running Logic Pro
Wait, that doesn't really sound right. What mac are you running? Have you gone into Audio MIDI setup in the Utilities folder? Also, I don't need to mess with any ins/outs in my Mac (running Reaper) to reamp or run DI signals in/out of the Axe Fx.

Post the presets without audio. I'm sure someone else is willing to whack their strings hard in your honor to see what they hear.
It's across the board, not specific to any amp or preset. So I somehow need to capture or demonstrate the difference between the two FWs.

My impression is that dynamic volume aspects like pick attack, string thwack, and string bloom (subtle changes in volume as it vibrates) seem/feel muted or compressed in 21 vs. 20. Similarly if I strum chords hard or soft the overall volume dynamic range seems squished.

@State of Epicicity @sgplayer76 @Saarang Narayan
I'm running a 2013 Air with Catalina. I'm traveling so I haven't had a chance to fiddle with it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom