Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta (Beta 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So impressed with this update. Lot's of amps I thought I would really like but didn't quite sound good enough now seem to me like their character is more revealed. Just that 1% or whatever changed has made the Bogner Fish Brown, 5150 50w Blue, Carol Ann Triptik Modern so much fun to play. Much more to try.....

Can't wait for this to trickle down to the FM9, since that's my main unit lately. Ever since the last FW let me get my 'kitchen sink' preset(s) on without needing to offload the post-amp FX to the FX3, I've been really focusing on what the FM9 can do by itself, and enjoying playing more and tweaking less. Hopefully the new baby Marshall that caused such a stir will be accompanied by the Fractal "modded by accident" version everyone says sounds so great... :)
Yeah, I had a look at the list of FAS amps yesterday in case it was an Easter Egg.
No dice, and if it was there I'm sure someone else on the forum would have spotted it way before me.
Now I've just remembered I haven't tried the new one [based on the actual amp] yet!
It will also be interesting to see Leon's findings on the Boogies as he has quite a penchant for them.

Can't wait for this to trickle down to the FM9, since that's my main unit lately. Ever since the last FW let me get my 'kitchen sink' preset(s) on without needing to offload the post-amp FX to the FX3, I've been really focusing on what the FM9 can do by itself, and enjoying playing more and tweaking less. Hopefully the new baby Marshall that caused such a stir will be accompanied by the Fractal "modded by accident" version everyone says sounds so great... :)

I may be in the minority here. But I think that the original incorrect Brit Studio 20 model is a little hyped. I don't see the added value of keeping it as a FAS model.

Good morning all
On the CAB block I'm not able to PAN(left right) or decrease level. what could be the problem?
Thanx

After reading all the comments. I think people mostly use monitors or FRFR,
I haven't updated to the new beta yet, but all my presets have a filter cut on 100 and 8100 Hz.
My signal chain is -Guitar -Axe FX III -Matrix -2x (2x12 V30s Mesa)
might be a dumb question but... Was I doing it wrong since I have real cabs?
I really feel a big difference with the filter block engaged.

After reading all the comments. I think people mostly use monitors or FRFR,
I haven't updated to the new beta yet, but all my presets have a filter cut on 100 and 8100 Hz.
My signal chain is -Guitar -Axe FX III -Matrix -2x (2x12 V30s Mesa)
might be a dumb question but... Was I doing it wrong since I have real cabs?
I really feel a big difference with the filter block engaged.

Depends where / how you have applied those low/high cuts.

better than words, here is an audio sample of what I am experimenting
"bziououibzioubziouzou"

This is what I’ve been talking about for a while. Every time I mention it the dogs get released.

At least Cliff gave us a clue about the switch in class being responsible for it. Now I should be able to figure out how to fine tune it. I’m going to put some of the vintage Marshall’s I have access to through my Suhr load and compare again. I swear I didn’t notice them doing it that much when I tried them into my PC, before I had the Axe.

Last edited:
This is what I’ve been talking about for a while. Every time I mention it the dogs get released.

At least Cliff gave us a clue about the switch in class being responsible for it. Now I should be able to figure out how to fine tune it. I’m going to put some of the vintage Marshall’s I have access to through my Suhr load and compare again. I swear I didn’t notice them doing it that much when I tried them into my PC, before I had the Axe.
Dont hesitate to share your results . I was surprised to hear that slow synth beam laser or whatever you call it behind the sound, but it can be that this is "normal" don't know . the sure things is that I wont play with this one :tearsofjoy:

Never heard this before in this preset but I love it.

When switching scenes, you can hear it switching on the monitors, like switching to another AMP with diffrent Watts output. Dont know if its new with the beta update, but amazing how this is represented in a digital modeler.
Makes it all so realistic

Preset: Plate Collection, I beleave its a stock preset.

Cheers 🍻

Dont hesitate to share your results . I was surprised to hear that slow synth beam laser or whatever you call it behind the sound, but it can be that this is "normal" don't know . the sure things is that I wont play with this one :tearsofjoy:
I think I’ve caused enough trouble here lately 🤣 I’m going to go off in my own to try to figure some things out. I’ll PM you once I try it. I’m overseas right now, won’t be back home for a few weeks.

I think a lot of the modern high gain and even the later Marshall’s like the 800 JVM etc have quite a bit of filtering in the power section that gets rid of things like ghost notes
Blocking distortion, transformer break up ,

it is highly possible the old vintage Marshall do have that sort of thing going on that sounds like a blown speaker or fuzz engaged but to me that not a sound I would use but I don’t doubt it if you listen to old Hendrix Cream it has that nastiness

So when is this brother of yours and his adorably awesome cohort gonna drag you and your phlanx of Fractals out on the road for us to marvel upon…?:cool:
I actually stepped down from my role in the band so I could stay home with my family and focus on my business, so I’m not touring with them anymore. It’s cool though because they’re using my IRs out on the road, so I still feel like I’m a part of what they’re doing.

I think a lot of the modern high gain and even the later Marshall’s like the 800 JVM etc have quite a bit of filtering in the power section that gets rid of things like ghost notes
Blocking distortion, transformer break up ,

it is highly possible the old vintage Marshall do have that sort of thing going on that sounds like a blown speaker or fuzz engaged but to me that not a sound I would use but I don’t doubt it if you listen to old Hendrix Cream it has that nastiness
Yep they are “dirty/fuzzy” for what I’ve heard but these artefacts in the axe just jump more in my face.

For the rest, after 2 days of tweaking, no bugs, the firmware is stable here for those who are afraid to download it.

Last edited:
The default values of various parameters have been updated. Existing presets are automatically updated to the new values upon load.
Just a heads up for everyone, I noticed a drop in volume on some of my presets after installing 21.00 beta, found that the Negative Feedback had been set back to stock values on amps that I had adjusted this on (1959SLP Plexi 2204 etc), also found the Amp Block Input Low Cut had been reset to stock

I have a gig next weekend and so am trying to hold off on installing this Beta, but temptation might still get the better of me...

Just a heads up for everyone, I noticed a drop in volume on some of my presets after installing 21.00 beta, found that the Negative Feedback had been set back to stock values on amps that I had adjusted this on (1959SLP Plexi 2204 etc), also found the Amp Block Input Low Cut had been reset to stock
Volume drop here as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom