Axe-Fx Firmware Version 21.00 Public Beta #4 (Beta 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your answer because the waiting is long and when you closed the 5.03 thread, we though that we were going to see a brand new FW6.0 thread….
I am sure the FM9 guys feel the same too
It hard watching all these cool updates sometimes especially some thing big like a Cygnus 2.0
But it will be great in the end and worth the wait

Possible bug: Toggling the Speaker Impedance Curve with up and down arrow selects every second SIC each time I go up or down with the arrows. Example: I'm on Recto Large but want to switch to Recto Slant. Pressing the arrow down the editor jumps over Recto Slant and selects Recto Small instead. Anyone else with the same behaviour?

Possible bug: Toggling the Speaker Impedance Curve with up and down arrow selects every second SIC each time I go up or down with the arrows. Example: I'm on Recto Large but want to switch to Recto Slant. Pressing the arrow down the editor jumps over Recto Slant and selects Recto Small instead. Anyone else with the same behaviour?
Does it happen on the unit?

dont have the problem here (with axe edit)

I am sure the FM9 guys feel the same too
It hard watching all these cool updates sometimes especially some thing big like a Cygnus 2.0
But it will be great in the end and worth the wait
I agree but FM3 don’t have any updates since a “long” time…
In fact, it is not that long and FM3 is great but when we see how fast updates are coming for AXE3 and FM9, the time seems to be long for us (which is in fact not that long…)

Missed the first 3 public Betas (I miss a lot of betas), so jumped straight over from v20.04. Just played with classic Marshall models this evening, and mainly not those that have had model corrections. Just keeps getting better either side of break-up, and somehow feeling easier/more natural to go deeper into power stage clipping. Something is working out right. Whenever I think it can't get any better, it does just that.

Love the Brit Studio 20 model. Feels very similar in character to the Brit 100W 1970, which I guess is what Marshall were shooting for in the first place. It does something a little bit different at the bottom end though.

Didn't find any undocumented features or strange behaviour - really must try the Griddle Cake tomorrow...

Liam

Thanks for the hard work. Beta 1 was great. Beta 2 sent my high gain tones into the twilight zone of weirdness. Now things are back to awesome I can shower, shave and face the world again after a few days sat in a corner of my empty basement in a soiled loincloth listening to this on loop
Yeah, the bias bug was a weird one. I never noticed it because it usually only happened after you changed presets. Since I was always using the same preset during my tests it didn't experience it. Then, by chance, I switched presets and the sound completely disappeared. I started poking around and noticed the bias on one of the triode stages was at -infinity.

Missed the first 3 public Betas (I miss a lot of betas), so jumped straight over from v20.04. Just played with classic Marshall models this evening, and mainly not those that have had model corrections. Just keeps getting better either side of break-up, and somehow feeling easier/more natural to go deeper into power stage clipping. Something is working out right. Whenever I think it can't get any better, it does just that.
It seems like realism in modelling is mostly in the extra .01% after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom