Axe Fx 2 to replace Strymon??

bleedthefreak

Inspired
I recently purchased a used axe 2 at what I think is a decent price. Long story short I sold a ver 2 at the end of 2014 and now I have one again.

I have a multiple head setup for my rig and started to buy strymon pedals when I realized I could buy a used axe cheaper and have more flexibility with equal quality of effects. I'm not sure if the latter is true though.

Anybody have any pros/cons I should be aware of when running 4CM?

THANKS

I think you made the right choice... I've had a few Strymon units. the timeline,mobius and the big sky. I never really liked these units.
I think it was the converters or something. It always thinned out my tone. IMHO others will disagree

An Axe FX II XL is the best choice for effects in the loops of tube amps, I use one to create a killer octave fuzz effect for the "Little Wing" solo, the quality of the effects is state of the art.
I would use Humbuster cables for 4CM.

There's been some debate as to whether the Axe Fx can deliver Strymon tones. IMO, I think it can - the difference is that you sometimes have to work at dialling it in, playing around with multiple blocks etc to get the tone. With the Strymon you can just cycle through the presets and find what you want.

Good input, thx. Well, I have no issues using strymon. I think they are the probably the best sounding in FXs loop I've ever used. I remember the afx 2 having great sounding delay and modulation but never tried it in loop.

I don't need all the features of the XL + thus trying to save by going with older unit. I guess time will tell... I'll report back when I've completed a full run through.

Back
Top Bottom