Axe FX 2 MK 2 " Input Z " Settings .... some advice needed please ....

ben ifin

Experienced
Hi all

Am using a PRS with a passive Kinman H/B in the bridge which measures at around 8.9k

In the Input Z settings, the options are:-

- 1M
- 1M + Cap
- 22k + Cap
- 32k + Cap
- 70k + Cap
- 90k + Cap
- 230k + Cap
- Auto

My Question ?

Given I am using a Kinman passive H/B in the bridge which measures at around 8.9k ....

=> which of the above Input Z settings would be the "least hot" / "least gainy" ..... and which would be the "most-hot" / "most-gainy" ?

Thanks,
Ben

I don't think the input impedance should affect the gain any... just the frequency response of the pickup as it is loaded down by the impedance of the gear it's connected too (I just leave it on auto myself).

http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Input_impedance

I'd think if you want a more or less hot signal hitting the amp block you could increase or decrease the "Input Trim" knob on the amp block. If you want more or less hot signal coming into the input of the axe itself (i.e. if the front light input metering is clipped solid red or not even in the yellow) -- which dials in the signal to noise ratio of the input, but does not affect how hard amps get driven -- then you'd want to press the "I/O" button and adjust the "INSTR IN" parameter on the Input page.

Leave it on "Auto". The AxeFX will choose the appropriate input impedance for the effect or amp you have chosen. Most amps are 1M if you are curious. Some vintage stomp boxes were much less.

Back
Top Bottom