axe fx 2 is frozen! wtf?

jb70

Experienced
i'm sitting here programming my axe fx 2 and liquid foot 12+ and just came back from lunch. i turned the axe fx 2 on the whole thing is frozen! the screen is on but it's blank, all of the input LED's are lit as well as the status LED's. the bypass and tempo lights are lit as well. thank god this didn't happen on a gig or else i would be F---ed! i've tried turning the unit back on and off again and nothing will un-freeze the unit. any help would be greatly appreciated. i have 4 gigs coming up this week and cannot afford to have this happen on a gig!!!

Try holding down the Recall button as you power it up. Mine did something similar after a failed firmware update. I had to do it twice for it to come back but it has been fine since.

ok, the thing that i'm noticing is that it freezes when it's already connected to my liquid foot 12+. it seems to be ok as long as the midi cable is unplugged on startup

I'm having the same problem with my LF Pro. The Axe-FX II won't boot up unless I unplug the power adapter for the LF Pro from the back of the Axe-FX until it boots. I haven't tried unplugging the midi cable. This was never an issue with my ULTRA. It happened sometimes with the II but since the latest firmware update it is every time....which is a drag.

Do you also have the Axe-Fx connected to the computer via USB?
If so, is Axe-Edit running?

nope. the axe fx was only connected to the LF 12+. it's fine if you power it on and it's not connected via a midi cable. however, it will freeze every time if it's connected to the LF 12+

i think it's something in the LF 1.53 firmware. i just updated it today and it was causing all kinds of problems with the axe fx 2. i just rolled back to firmware 1.52 and everything is ok. i've emailed jeff at liquid foot and he's checking into it. it's tough for him since he doesn't have an axe fx 2 yet (i think he still has an ultra)

My LF was running the original firmware and it still froze. I just updated the firmware on the LF and still freezes.

My LF was running the original firmware and it still froze. I just updated the firmware on the LF and still freezes.

hopefully jeff can figure it out. you might want to shoot him an email. we've been emailing back and forth all day and he's been really helpful. i know he's currently working on an update for the editor

I've been emailing Jeff. He hasn't figured it out yet. I tried unplugging the midi cable. That allows it to boot up too....which is a lot easier that pulling the power. Thanks

I had something similar happen, back in the Axe-Fx Ultra + Behringer FCB1010 days.
When the Axe was turned on, all cables connected and then I'd turn on the Behringer, the Axe wouldn't put out any sound. No freezing, but something must have been gone wrong, although nothing indicated that (LEDs and output meters all working). Couldn't figure it out so I just watched my connection/power on sequence.

Back
Top Bottom